Incubator

Wspinner91

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2020
Hello, I have 12 duck eggs in the incubator.
Temps are misleading, incubator thermometer says 100.3, the little one I added to the inside is telling me 92. Humidity is ok at 48%. I can't why to the store for another day or so to get a new thermometer, this only going on 24 hours of them being in the incubator. Do you think the eggs will ok? If the 100.3 is accurate is that to hot? If the 92 is accurate is that to cold? Hand rotating 4-5 times a day.

Temps are misleading, incubator thermometer says 100.3, the little one I added to the inside is telling me 92. Humidity is ok at 48%. I can't why to the store for another day or so to get a new thermometer, this only going on 24 hours of them being in the incubator. Do you think the eggs will ok? If the 100.3 is accurate is that to hot? If the 92 is accurate is that to cold? Hand rotating 4-5 times a day.
Was the little one you put in calibrated ?
If not don’t go by it
I have a few I bought off amazon that do that same thing
I would go off machine until you get a calibrated thermometer in there
Put the temp to 98.6-98.8 for now
The machine won’t be off by to much
Higher heat is worse then cooler for developing

Was the little one you put in calibrated ?
If not don’t go by it
I have a few I bought off amazon that do that same thing
I would go off machine until you get a calibrated thermometer in there
Put the temp to 98.6-98.8 for now
The machine won’t be off by to much
Higher heat is worse then cooler for developing
Thank you, I'm honestly not sure of it was calibrated or not 😬.... I'll keep it on the cooler side for now!

I incubate ducks at 100. So I'd say I'd be more worried if the one that says 92 is right.
Get a fish tank thermometer when you can and do an ice bath yeast by putting equal amounts of ice and water in a cup and submerging the thermometer for a minute or so. It should read 32 degrees. It does not then you can just make a mental note of how far off it is.. and adjust your incubator temp accordingly.

Also I like to keep my humidity around 30 to 35% until lockdown. 45 should not hurt.. but I wouldn't add any more water and let it get any higher.

Back
Top Bottom