incubator?

good ole boy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 22, 2011
sharpsburg, kentucky
i am looking into maybe purchasing a incubator that will hold up to 40 hen eggs at a time, i need it to have a automatic turner. i need some ideas on which ones to look at that is`nt to expensive if all possible. all help would be appreciated. thank you

A hova-bator is probley your best bet. The autoturner holds 42 eggs. If you want one that is pre-set go with the 1588 genesis. The best price I found online was at www.cutlersupply.com We have the 2362 that has the smaller windows but w/fan. You also have to adjust the thermostat, but it is not hard to use and is pretty cheap.

LG? Is only $40 where I live. I think it could hold 40 eggs. I fit about

30 eggs in mine with no problem. Oh and the turner to it is also $40.

big_smile.png

ScissorChick

I second the genesis 1588. I have had other brands have temp spikes and loose the whole batch. they may be a little more expensive but if you are hatching expensive eggs it is worth it. or you can take the crazy chicken person plunge and buy a Dickey that holds 300
lol.png

Build your own! You can make it huge, pretty and all that. I can't wait until I can build a wooden bator! But this cooler bator is wonderful, knock on wood it continues doing so well!

Back
Top Bottom