jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Setting eggs aside now. But I am now having problems with egg eating in my larger cage. One quail caught in the act has been dispatched. Two more eggs were cracked, so I guess the bad behavior has spread.

Quote:
UNFORTUNATELY IT SPREADS FASTER THAN THE PLAQUE IN MANY SPECES... MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO AND IT JUST SPIRALS OUT OF CONTROL FROM THERE.

Quote:
Egg eating is a mystery that will never be solved by me. I can have 23 eggs to gather in the afternoon, open the pen door, take my little gathering-rake-stick and start raking, the mischievous little farts think it's a game, and start pecking at the rolling egg. Otherwise, if you can beat their game, no poked eggs. Other than that, they'll get so bored that one will keep pecking until they demolish it, eat the shell, and be runnin' from the rest of the crowd tying to figure out how to get that almighty membrane tore down enough to swallow.

I wish there was a way to break the habit once it is started. I haven't figured that one out yet. I had a hen who I gave distractions too. New plants, rocks, even parakeet toys. It slowed the egg eating down but never completely solved it.

Back
Top Bottom