Incubators Anonymous

Pics
Good morning everyone. I was a recovering addict but after 5 years of abstinence, I have 38 assorted eggs in my bator. Maran (I can't see crap it there), 8 game (love game chickens, wish their eggs were bigger and darker), 12 black/blue orph. Lockdown Day 2, eggs that were placed over 3 days because I was too impatient to get them in to wait for them all at the same time.
I live on a farm but deconstructed my chicken house a few years ago and now am hoping I sell all but 4-6 of these and will get a small chicken tractor... Or, since we're moving to another farm in the summer, I'll keep most, get more eggs to do as a science fair project for next year and... guineas, we're going to have a lot of ticks this year and we will need guineas too... and I do like ducks, we have a stream... love the muscovys.... and runners...

My boyfriend loves animals but has NEVER had chickens or hatched before...guess we'll see how this goes...

Anyone know where I can get some guinea eggs in WV?

Thanks for listening...

My word of advice...
Don't e-bay with an empty incubator and a couple of beers...

You are worse than me as far as numbers, i think.  Just based on the sheer numbers you have hatched.  I'm on 2 acres, about a mile from agricultural land.  Even though my house used to be the main house for miles and miles of orchards, the orchard people sold off all the land surrounding our hill top house to medium density housing.  (back in the 60's) I have 13 properties that touch my 2 acres.  

So far, there have been no complaints about my rooster crowing competition we have every afternoon.  

I need to muzzle them somehow.
This is where I find d myself extremely blessed. My closest neighbor's house is a mile away from where the chickens free range. On the other side of me is part of a state park. My family and I are kind of out here by ourselves.

Dug my last incubator out and set some more turkey eggs.

I now have 100 in the incubators.

A broody that is setting solid on 7.

And started collecting for my next round. Have 20 saved so far.

Just started lockdown with 20/28 making it in looking promising but not counting my turkeys before they hatch.

Good Luck! Keep us posted!

Dug my last incubator out and set some more turkey eggs.

I now have 100 in the incubators.

A broody that is setting solid on 7.

And started collecting for my next round. Have 20 saved so far.

I've actually cut bac on my incubating. I'm only setting turkey eggs now and I'm not getting many of those a week anymore. I'm just running out of brooder space! Once I get some of these chicks sold, I'll start again lol

I have one full Brinsea 40, I need to candle the half that is day 15 right now, and the other half which is day 10. I have 2/3 of my LG full. I have an empty Brinsea 40 to hatch everything in. But I just got 17 BCM eggs, and have 6+ Black Crested Polish coming on, Wed, 12 Olive eggers coming on Thursday, 6+ mix of BCM, CCL and Biefielders coming Thur or Fri? I might have just won 2 dozzen D'Uccle eggs on the 24 hour auction.... I have too many eggs coming!!!

Hopefully lots of chickies!!

Oh wow I just found out the little barnyard mix I have been so carefully incubating are not just normal chicks. The are 1/8 gray gamebird 1/8 asil game bird and 3/4 Japanese game bird. I hate game chickens. I had homes for these if they hatch but since they wanted pets I think these would not be good. So they are going to get them back and I ordered 12 "nice" eggs to hatch for my friends pets. Lol helps my addiction too..... :)

I had a little trouble on Sunday into Monday furnace went out big drop in basement temp about 3 degrees in incubator so I wrapped bator in a wool blanket and went on about my day when I returned 2-3 hours later temp was 101.5. The hot spike was a short time but the cool down was 12-14 hours I hope I didn't lose the hatch.

Back
Top Bottom