Incubators Anonymous

Pics

OneMountainAcres

Smothered in Feathers
10 Years
May 14, 2013
Central, PA
Welcome everyone to incubators anonymous! Please introduce yourselves and tell us about your incubation addiction, how long you've been dealing with your addiction and what you are doing about it. I'll start!

Hi, my name is Jess and I'm a chronic incubator. I have a GQF 1202 cabinet bator with more eggs than I even know in it. I also have a hova bator with 30 eggs in lockdown in it. At the moment, I have 2 brooders full of peeping babies with more due to hatch soon. There are no signs of stopping either as I have over 60 eggs sitting on the counter, waiting to go in. At the moment, our flock consists of 26 adult chickens and 7 adult turkeys.

Update from 2020...I no longer know exactly how many chickens I have anymore but I think it's somewhere between 50-70 lol. Turkeys are up to 15 just because I just love those big feathered dogs! My incubation addiction has clearly not improved over the years!

Last edited:
Hi, I am one of them also..

I have a 1202 also, I am not sure how many eggs I have in it today. I know I put 103 in on Sunday.

I have some hatching on the 11th. I also have three turning trays on the countertop, I have them a little less than a 1/3 full of eggs to go in this coming weekend.

I have three foam incubators I use as hatchers. I have a batch hatching right, I have three cages in the house with chicks in it. I think I have around 30 chicks in the house today. I also have a brooder setup in one of my sheds, Ok, I really have two set up, but only one has chicks in it right now.

I have 9 breeding pens/coops set up with birds in them right now. I will have 4 more set up this weekend.

If any of you need help with your addiction, I can teach you to control it like I do.

Pics of the turkeys
20180628_062847.jpg
20180628_062914-1.jpg
20180628_062854-1.jpg
yup they are little fluff balls... we also had 2 ducks hatch today while I was at work

That chicken is adorable! A sebright? *Nvm, read the previous pages
Hello, my name is Alison. It just started with a $20 incubator off eBay, then 2 Janoel 12's, after that a couple of styrofoam bators from TSC and Gebo's plus a small Brinsea. But then I found an old GQF 1202 on craigslist and then there was a slight loss of control on eBay so right now I have a broody hen on quail, pheasant, and turkey eggs, two small incubators full of chicken eggs, an incubator filled with guinea eggs, a few dozen eggs waiting for an incubator, duck, chicken and guinea eggs in the GQF, and ordered a boatload of peafowl eggs off eBay so had to get 2 more larger Brinseas to hold them all. Also there are 5 brooders in my spare bedroom (ringneck pheasants, bobwhite quail, guineas, turkeys, and chicks), a brooder outside for the goslings, and the broody hen is camped out in a crate in the bedroom as well due to a bobcat mother and kitten eating all of her friends.
I think I need help.

Year 17 of hen addiction and it’s a cycle of escalation ...went from a couple of rescue hens, to buying POL , couple of years ago I started with the day old chicks...now progressed to a chicktec inca incubator..trying to resist urge to purchase another I cubator!
My obsession is coloured eggs and deepening the colour and creating new colours ...just had my first grey egg!
There is no help for OCD (obsessive chicken disorder) ...but it’s nice to know I’m not alone in this addiction...
Heres my next batch having a rest before going into the snug incubator for a Easter weekend hatch! And as it’s snowy here in Derbyshire ..well who doesn’t build snowhens!
108EF425-0975-4F8B-9473-B192A3FA1BB5.jpeg C0AB3C1F-FF0A-44DC-83DE-26C8BB87DEE8.jpeg 567BA16A-423A-4382-920F-DC65F2A74E12.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom