Incubators Anonymous

Pics
It is lockdown day for my scrambled Sulmtaler eggs. I have good faith that the 5 left will still hatch. There are 7 barnyard eggs from my pastured flock that are in there rocking! I have even heard two of the chicks tap the shells. Their vigor excites me.

Woke up in the middle of the night to 4 more early hatchers. That is six babies for on day 19. All seem to be well. I dip their beaks every so often till they get the hang of it. I just put the food in there and they started pecking at it.

I think your temps are too high also. Drop them down a tad.

The other thing is just let the chicks lay around for a day and do what they want. Dipping their beaks when they are less than a day old is a waste of time and counterproductive. They can go 3 days with no feed or water.

I never even try to water mine until after 24 hours.

Good luck on the hatch..

Last edited:
Thank you all. So far we are at 10 chicks. I will work on dropping the temp. I need to see how to do that since the farm innovator and little giant come pre set. I have been running a seperate thermometer and it shows the same temp as incubator, between 99.5 and 100.5.

Thank you all. So far we are at 10 chicks. I will work on dropping the temp. I need to see how to do that since the farm innovator and little giant come pre set. I have been running a seperate thermometer and it shows the same temp as incubator, between 99.5 and 100.5.

I use calibrated or certified thermometers to check my thermometers. The battery operated ones with probes are notoriously inaccurate and they change as the battery fades.

The cheapest certified thermometers are the "girly" ones I get off Amazon. They are around 8 bucks. They are used to check a woman's ovulations. They even come with a fertility chart if you have a use for that.

They are accurate to + or - 0.01 degrees.

Newest Brooder. It's almost done.

Last edited:
Day 7 candle lost 9 eggs. eggtopsy shows 1 quit day5, 1 day 7+. 1 Isabelle clear, 2mixed clear, 1 sizzle scrambled.3 had blood rings no embryo developed enough to find. (1 ayam, 1 isabelle 1 barnyard mix. ) still have 35 going well. And expecting 24 in the mail this week!anyone want to see a 7 day embryo i took a very good pic.

Back
Top Bottom