Incubators Anonymous

Pics
What do you do to fix air sacks? I have 5 eggs with weird looking air sacks. Does anyone know the cause. They are all Sulmtaler eggs from from a seller that is on the opposite coast.

Mailed eggs?

Just let them sit upright for a couple days and pray. Not much else you can do, Shipped eggs area gamble...

Speaking of, I just order 2 dozen eggs from Porters......Shhhh Wifey Pooh does not know yet..

Because they are shipped eggs I let them rest on the counter for almost 30 hours. I was told to do 48hrs before, but I guess that I got too eager. Plus my 4 year old kept eyeing them. The eggs should have been two days old upon arrival, so I took about 7 of my own eggs that were laying any kind of way in an egg basket and some 3 day old ones that were completely upside down in a carton.Those are completely fine, and show awesome vigor. I will take your advice on hatching with the carton. I am certain that these eggs will need it.

Again, I answered before reading the other replies....Sorry I duplicated you again Aurora.

With shipped eggs you really are between a rock and the hard place. If you do not let them "rest" long enough they don't hatch. Because they were mailed, you really have no idea how old they are and they need to be in the incubator in 7-10 days I know I am real careful to only send fresh eggs. BUT I do not think everyone else is.

Good luck

Just one as a hatcher.
hide.gif
I have another bator coming in the mail. Bought on ebay.

More eggs than space.

Hatchers do not count as incubators. Matter of fact, there is a little known rule, if you hatch once in a machine it is no longer considered an incubator no matter how many times you incubate in it after the hatch...

Hatchers do not count as incubators. Matter of fact, there is a little known rule, if you hatch once in a machine it is no longer considered an incubator no matter how many times you incubate in it after the hatch...

Whew...

That makes me feel better.

That means I'm only running 2 then

My husband believes that I need a Sportsman and a nice hatcher! He gave me the okay. I think he loves me.

Yep, you got a good one :) my hubby wants to build me a hatcher and a tiered brooder system :) no clue when either of those will actualy happen but they're in his mind at least lol

Mailed eggs?

Just let them sit upright for a couple days and pray. Not much else you can do, Shipped eggs area gamble...

Speaking of, I just order 2 dozen eggs from Porters......Shhhh  Wifey Pooh does not know yet..

You're bad! What breeds did you order?

That means I'm doing great! I'm only running one incubator :) I should hatch in it so it won't count anymore either. Then I won't have ANY incubators and will need to buy another one!

Last edited:
Um, can I put eggs between the rows on my turner? I kinda have too many eggs coming...I kinda got excited...and didn't count...
1f601.png

Ive done it since December with great success. I now have a digital sportsman so Im using my smaller genesis as a hatcher. This pic I took a few weeks ago of a chick sitting on top of my Genesis and just so happened to catch a pic of the eggs in the incubator. You can see how I have eggs stacked on top of the eggs in the auto turner. Works quite well. Lol.

Last edited:
My husband believes that I need a Sportsman and a nice hatcher! He gave me the okay. I think he loves me.

Yes he does love you! Got my sportsman set up and the eggs transferred from my Genesis and set a bunch more. Im in love with it! I even love the new digital sportsman better than our old Sportsman! Makes my life so much simpler! :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom