Incubators Anonymous

Im at work just got a text,

Incubator temp shot up to 106 and low of 100
Its been runing fine from 99-100 for 4 days what could have coused the spike in temp

Hope eggs are still ok

Questions:
Just got a shipment of eggs! I ordered 6 and they sent 9. One has a little crack in it and one is VERY porous. I take it I should discard these 2 eggs, right? Has anyone had experience with porous eggs? I am new to this and just hate the idea of tossing those eggs, but then again, I don't want them to explode or anything. Advise please. Thanks!

I have to change what I just wrote....they are ALL very porous. What causes this? Should I try to incubate them? Will they develope? Should I ask for new eggs? Also, these are Wyandotte eggs and some are really long and skinny. Is that their usual shape. I have never had Wyandottes. Please advise.

I hatch porus eggs all the time... dont worry about that. The crack.... try some candle wax. May not help but worth a try. Wyandotte eggs are normal shaped usually. As with any chicken you might get an odd shaped egg. Usually thsy are pullet eggs. Hatch them ... cant hurt.

I hatch porus eggs all the time... dont worry about that. The crack.... try some candle wax. May not help but worth a try. Wyandotte eggs are normal shaped usually. As with any chicken you might get an odd shaped egg. Usually thsy are pullet eggs. Hatch them ... cant hurt.
Thanks. I am excited about these Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs. Has anyone ever tried packing tape on a crack? If not, will try the candle wax. Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom