Incubators Anonymous

You r in the right place we can help with your addiction
yippiechickie.gif
your problem is u need a bigger incubator

oh no I have seen my future and it is feathered indeed!!!
old.gif

UPDATE on my addiction
3/8 shipped orpintion eggs ( aircells are really getting me this time) set 1/4
3/4 shipped bobwhite quail set 1/5
3/3 serama set 1/7
12/15 cortunix quail eggs set 1/7
4/8 serama experment eggs set 1/1
9/12 Rock Island store bought eggs (17 days old I might add) set 1/5
5/5 serama ( sat on by a broody) set 12/30ish
And I just set 5 cortunix quail eggs yesterday in the chic bator , well I set 6 but I dropped one today
hide.gif

I think I need an intervention
smack.gif

A question for experts. Is there a tried and true way to divvy up an incubator so you can tell which chicks hatched from which eggs? I have a mix of EE, OE and Marans eggs in the bator and would like to separate and then band everyone so I know who came from which color set. My incubator is a farm innovators, comparable to hovabator.

Thanks. :)

A question for experts. Is there a tried and true way to divvy up an incubator so you can tell which chicks hatched from which eggs? I have a mix of EE, OE and Marans eggs in the bator and would like to separate and then band everyone so I know who came from which color set. My incubator is a farm innovators, comparable to hovabator.

Thanks.
smile.png
I'm sure donna will chime in, but she uses plastic baskets in hers... if it's a hovabator, not sure how those would work unless they're fairly shallow, and then chicks might jump out of their baskets...

i solved my problem by having multiple incubators and a dedicated hatcher. i just set the eggs different days so that only one variety hatches at a time. not possible for some i realize, but after hatching 5-6 varieties from donna's eggs all at once, i learned my lesson. LOL (barred rocks, blue barred rocks, blue/black copper marans, blue/black/splash cuckoo marans... you see the problem?)

LOL.... You might could modify these to make them smaller so they would fit.

The dividers are made with that canvas that you can use to make needlepoint projects. It is cheap. You can make a WHOLE basket out of canvas too. You can cut it with scissors and wire it or sew it with yarn. EASY....

I asked this question too. I went to the dollar store and found little baskets, but they all had solid bottoms, which I thought would hinder air flow. Also, none were very tall, and I was afraid the chicks would jump out....Then I realized my incubator wasn't very tall, and that the shorter baskets would have to do. I did find some plastic coated wire basket with open wire bottoms at the dollar store, in a couple of sizes.

Back
Top Bottom