Incubators Anonymous

pop a small hole in the top and see if its over
Yeah I did. I had figured something was not right and I was correct. It looks as though it stopped growing around day 12 or so. I already have 12 golden comet eggs lined up for tuesday from a neighbor down the road. May have 12 silkie eggs too. What have I gotten myself into
hide.gif

The incubator is about $50 new, the turner about $60, and I wouldn't count on the candler being great. If you can get one with a fan in it then it would be worth the price.

It's the incubator, turner, candler, and free shipping. Is this not a good model?

You can get basically the same incubator at Tractor Supply for $39, actually its probably less right now because they are in 'Chick Days'. The turner is $45 or so, and the candler you can get for about $8-$9. For that style of bator I wouldn't pay shipping anyway, it's the same type that is available at any feed store, TS or otherwise. I started out with something similar, the LG still air, I added a fan and I wish I had skipped the LG's and went right to the Hovabator Genesis. Costs a bit more but totally worth it for the peace of mind, knowing that the bator will regulate it's own temp and that my eggs will never overheat is priceless imho.

It's the incubator, turner, candler, and free shipping. Is this not a good model?
the same deal is 109 at incubatorwarehouse.com

the hovabator kit is the same price - better with that and you get a good digital hygo/thermo instrad of a crappy candler. get a strong cheap LED flashlight from amazon and the Hovabator http://incubatorwarehouse.com/hova-bator-egg-incubator-combo-kit.html

the LG is shallower, thinner foam and the thermostat is overly sensitive to adjustments IMO

My problem is I bought the latest model from Genesis 1588 digital deal with the auto Turner. The motor on the Turner has been replaced twice and my incubator is turned up to the max of 103 and is actually only at 96°. I just bought it in January. I am calling the company tomorrow to see what they will do about it but in the meantime I need a new incubator.

I already called about the egg turner in the first place and they wanted me to send it back at my expense for repairs two weeks after I bought it so I am not looking forward to calling about the actual incubator

My problem is I bought the latest model from Genesis 1588 digital deal with the auto Turner. The motor on the Turner has been replaced twice and my incubator is turned up to the max of 103 and is actually only at 96°. I just bought it in January. I am calling the company tomorrow to see what they will do about it but in the meantime I need a new incubator.
i buy through amazon wherever possible - return the whole purchase on their dime if anything is not right, then reorder

Well I saved 2 Wheaten Chicks.... the other eggs have done nothing. There are a couple with pips but I candled them and didn't see any movement. I don't know what happened. I have some guesses but that is all. I will do an eggtopsy and see what happened and when.

Most of the other eggs are doing fine and hatching pretty well.

I had to candle eggs today there were a couple of sinkers.... I waxed a couple of the GSBR eggs in hopes of saving them but it was not to be. I have tossed about 14-18 of the GSBR eggs out of 4 doz shipped. Not bad really. I also found in my candleing that I had 8 more SLW eggs developing
ya.gif
I think I tossed about 4-5 SLW eggs but that is the BEST yet. I have another 4 going from another rooster. Pretty soon I will put 2 pullets per roo and see if that helps too. Must build some pens first.

Well I saved 2 Wheaten Chicks.... the other eggs have done nothing. There are a couple with pips but I candled them and didn't see any movement. I don't know what happened. I have some guesses but that is all. I will do an eggtopsy and see what happened and when.

Most of the other eggs are doing fine and hatching pretty well.

I had to candle eggs today there were a couple of sinkers.... I waxed a couple of the GSBR eggs in hopes of saving them but it was not to be. I have tossed about 14-18 of the GSBR eggs out of 4 doz shipped. Not bad really. I also found in my candleing that I had 8 more SLW eggs developing
ya.gif
I think I tossed about 4-5 SLW eggs but that is the BEST yet. I have another 4 going from another rooster. Pretty soon I will put 2 pullets per roo and see if that helps too. Must build some pens first.

How were the GSBR's packed?

Back
Top Bottom