Incubators Anonymous

all i can say is WOW! when i set the eggs i didn't really pay attention to the dates i'd written on them...

how about december 22, 25 and 27 for the 3 oldest? all hatched today. some of those eggs were over a month old before i even put them in the 'bator. most were from late december and early jan. then we had a strike for a while and i decided they were too old to eat. plus some might have been frozen as well outside... figured why not. see if they'll hatch. set 36, got 21 fertile. had some quit at various stages, but so far have 8 out with 4 or 5 more pipped.

all i can say is WOW! when i set the eggs i didn't really pay attention to the dates i'd written on them...

how about december 22, 25 and 27 for the 3 oldest? all hatched today. some of those eggs were over a month old before i even put them in the 'bator. most were from late december and early jan. then we had a strike for a while and i decided they were too old to eat. plus some might have been frozen as well outside... figured why not. see if they'll hatch. set 36, got 21 fertile. had some quit at various stages, but so far have 8 out with 4 or 5 more pipped.
the hatch technique works! lol

congrats.

the 4got in your name is apt. sometimes we do things by accident that work.

Thanks for the info, but I'm not naive, or ignorant about the meaning of the word "organic". As I said, it's perhaps possible that if the farm is not a traditional commercial facility, there may be a roo present.
Typed words lack the expression of verbal communication and physical cues of demeaner as pertaining to the subject. I apologize that you took offense to my response. Some byc members are quite young and just beginning their journey into the chicken world. Level of knowledge nor sensitivities are required or listed on byc- my apologies if you thought it too forward of me to express my thought. On to incubating now... at least 2 of the 4 test eggs are developing, one possible veining and one is too clear so I'll give it another day or two before tossing it.

yes, i will, but right now i've just got assorted eggs... unless you don't mind dorking mutts.

i've thought of some names... i have a dorkington, a wyandork and a dorukana. might also get some orpingdottes or ameridottes too. possibly an orpingkana.

can you guess what they are? 8)

i figure if the mutts can have 'designer' names and bring high dollars, maybe mine can too.

lau.gif

Definitely keep me in mind when you have pure Dorkings, though the Dorkington sounds pretty tempting!

YEAH! Hubby is kinda getting turned on to bunnies too... for eating
sickbyc.gif
His project not mine. He also suggested quail... now I am thinking I would like to try quail. You sell a lot of quail don't you? I have heard it sell really well around here... what do you think?
Well, it's funny with quail. Sometimes you get no one that wants them, then sometimes people want to buy thousands at once
idunno.gif
But you should try them just for the enjoyment of having them. They are like little miracles, so tiny to start with... then they grow like mad! In 6 weeks they start laying eggs. Sadly, my neighbor let my two males out so all I have is two hens right now. But I think Jim (mrheinz77) or emvickrey have eggs. What i like best is how tame and calm they are, plus the cute hooting they do.

Back
Top Bottom