Incubators Anonymous

Well today is day 7 of my first time ever incubating. I candled the eggs. To me it looks like nothing. Crossing my fingers

fl.gif

What color are the eggshells? I can't see thru the green/blue ones at all, nothing until hatch. The white ones I can usually see veining. The brown ones are iffy.

Try candling again at 10 days...

Greetings from across the Pacific.

I will be putting eggs into lockdown tonight. They are from the chicks we hatched in December/January. Our first non-shipped generation.

The Muscovy are now sausages. We had duck sausage in a ratatouille with risotto for lunch.

We have a fence to build and 4-6 coops to finish this week so it will be busy.

W
Greetings from across the Pacific.

I will be putting eggs into lockdown tonight. They are from the chicks we hatched in December/January. Our first non-shipped generation.

The Muscovy are now sausages. We had duck sausage in a ratatouille with risotto for lunch.

We have a fence to build and 4-6 coops to finish this week so it will be busy.

What kind of eggs did you lock down? I locked down English Orpingtons & thn some brahma mixes last night.

Ok so I'm on day 8 and this is what my silkie eggs look like
And this is what my lavender orps look like
I'm thinking they don't look fertile?

I does look like the Silkies are not developing. I had that happen to some shipped eggs - they WERE fertile - but the post office scrambled them I also had that happen to some when I first got my birds - but later on they were fertile.

The Orp eggs might be developing. That is a large dark spot - and I think I see veins.

If you want you can take one of the Silkie eggs that looks like that out and crack it open. Look for the blastoderm and see if there is any sign of fertility.

If these Silkie eggs are from your birds you might want to check the "fluffy" factor - make sure if he does jump them he can do something and isn't blocked by excess fluff...

Ok so I'm on day 8 and this is what my silkie eggs look liken
I'm thinking they don't look fertile?
I wouldn't do anything until day 14 at the earliest personally. then it's obvious if they're clear or not, since the 'not' will be very dark and the clear you'll see light thru.

Last edited:
Hi my name is Eva.
And I just started the incubating process.
I'm honestly lost what to do for them.
I'm hatching ducklings.

Right now there are 5 that I have candled and can tell how far they are. I'd say they are around day 10,12 & 14
Could be wrong.

When I pick the eggs up from the yard do I need to put them in the incubator or can they be stored somewhere until I manage to get these 5 hatched?

Back
Top Bottom