Incubators Anonymous

Quote: I understand... it's just that I've had mcmurray cochins before and had to ask myself "is that really a cochin?" so...
hu.gif

I will admit mcmurray has some of the best silver grey dorkings out there. most of my silver greys can trace back to mcmurray... some breeds are ok, others aren't.

Last edited:
Quote: I understand... it's just that I've had mcmurray cochins before and had to ask myself "is that really a cochin?" so...
hu.gif

I will admit mcmurray has some of the best silver grey dorkings out there. most of my silver greys can trace back to mcmurray... some breeds are ok, others aren't.

I think if you get the "oddball" ones they get them from a Breeder - one who has good stock. If you get the "usual" ones you get them from a contracted breeder who pumps out eggs. I recall on the old Swap thread one of the swappers was contacted by a hatchery to supply hatching eggs from her stock - and she has very nice birds!

I think if you get the "oddball" ones they get them from a Breeder - one who has good stock. If you get the "usual" ones you get them from a contracted breeder who pumps out eggs. I recall on the old Swap thread one of the swappers was contacted by a hatchery to supply hatching eggs from her stock - and she has very nice birds!

that makes sense that i would have a good experience because all of the ones i ordered from them are specialty like buttercups, hamburgs etc:.. I even got a Fayoumi Roo from them :) I loved him he was awesome.. The redcap in my avatar was from Mc Murray

wish I could loan you my Brahmas... they just won't stop being broody.. i'm afraid they will kill themselves
sitting in there all day!!!  

I love my broodys too. At one point this year I had a black cochin,2 BJG, 2 CM a guinea, a Black Spanish and a Rio Grand turkey all sitting on guinea eggs ;•} I was taking them up for lockdown and giving them another set of eggs. The guinea and a BJG are on there second and last set of the season. I kicked the rest out and they seem finished. Tho the Black turkey keeps hogging space in the hay.

I love my broodys too. At one point this year I had a black cochin,2 BJG, 2 CM a guinea, a Black Spanish and a Rio Grand turkey all sitting on guinea eggs ;•} I was taking them up for lockdown and giving them another set of eggs. The guinea and a BJG are on there second and last set of the season. I kicked the rest out and they seem finished. Tho the Black turkey keeps hogging space in the hay.

I was thinking about getting a couple of BJG's are they friendly, and do they lay well?

I was thinking about getting a couple of BJG's  are they friendly, and do they lay well?

They are decent layers on nice Big eggs. My head roo Simon will eat out of my hand and is good with my grandson who just turned 5 and has grown up around them. I love having such a good flock guardian who is safe around the little kids. I have not had a JG roo that was aggressive with people or his girls. He is good at keeping the peace with the cockerels too.

They are decent layers on nice Big eggs. My head roo Simon will eat out of my hand and is good with my grandson who just turned 5 and has grown up around them. I love having such a good flock guardian who is safe around the little kids. I have not had a JG roo that was aggressive with people or his girls. He is good at keeping the peace with the cockerels too.

I love BIG chickens :)

Back
Top Bottom