Incubators Anonymous

My cl have been a bit over dramatic but never mean. Orlando is a pieeercing Crower however. Its epic.

haha... overdramatic
lau.gif

I didn't realize that was their genetic make up (though makes sense with the name....)

How do they get the crest and always have bright blue eggs though? Seems like the brown from the barred rock would overrule the little bit of araucana some of the time...

CLs are Brown Leghorns and Barred Rocks with a smidge of Araucana

The skittishness of the Leghorn can show.

my white leghorn are not skittish....never have been. they were hatchery several generations ago.

now my MFL roos are off the chart skittish. worst I have ever seen.

I didn't realize that was their genetic make up (though makes sense with the name....)

How do they get the crest and always have bright blue eggs though?  Seems like the brown from the barred rock would overrule the little bit of araucana some of the time...

the only thing about them that looks BR is the barring. they have nice blue eggs.....I doubt it was an Araucana that was used. maybe an Ameraucana or EE. THEY HAVE TAILS. NO beards and muffs that would be cute crest beard and muffs on them......hum......

How do they get the crest and always have bright blue eggs though? Seems like the brown from the barred rock would overrule the little bit of araucana some of the time...
the crest and blue eggs come from the English version of the Araucana. The blue egg is passed on from paternal lines so a grand pappy of the breed was a blue egg layer.

the crest and blue eggs come from the English version of the Araucana. The blue egg is passed on from paternal lines so a grand pappy of the breed was a blue egg layer.

Interesting!!!
Thanks for he info :)

I didn't realize there were English Araucanas either, I've only seen the rumpless ones with the crazy face feathers

Could someone please help me,,I am incubating eggs and currently only day 3,, I tried candling just but all I could see were like tge pores of the eggs is this normal or does anyone have a pic of a day 3/4 candling

Hello, my name is Luke. I am also an incubating addict. I have 3 incubators, working on my 4th. I built the 1st one myself. I currently have 150 eggs incubating. 42 Seramas, 22 rhode island whites, 15 blue laced red wyandottes, and 18 salmon faverolles, and the rest are of random buff orps and rhode island red.

Back
Top Bottom