Incubators Anonymous

haha be careful it's contagious...
thumbsup.gif
I don't doubt that for a nanosecond! I can already see the signs...
hide.gif

You guys are sooo lucky! I've already tried two small batches of eggs with my broody silkies and they all failed to hatch. These are my eggs. I'm trying to hatch out a small batch of my sizzle rooster with my Cochin/silkie mixed girls. I have a few eggs in my incubator but I'm pretty sure that are going to make it. I'm thinking that my eggs are freezing or almost freezing and that's why they aren't developing. Some did develope but just didn't make it to hatching. I suppose I should just keep putting eggs in the incubator.....

You guys are sooo lucky! I've already tried two small batches of eggs with my broody silkies and they all failed to hatch. These are my eggs. I'm trying to hatch out a small batch of my sizzle rooster with my Cochin/silkie mixed girls. I have a few eggs in my incubator but I'm pretty sure that are going to make it. I'm thinking that my eggs are freezing or almost freezing and that's why they aren't developing. Some did develope but just didn't make it to hatching. I suppose I should just keep putting eggs in the incubator.....
yes could be the cold. I notice lower fertility during winter and poorer hatch rates. I just fired up my incubators here recently

these eggs are waiting for these eggs to hatch in a couple of days

these eggs are hatching on the 23 just 5/5

these are due on Mar. 2

and these chicks have no clue what all will descend upon them.

Not sure if this is the place but I'll ask...What do you all think of the Farm Innovators model 4200 pro series? I made my own incubator last year and while I did get some eggs to hatch I'd like something that was a bit more set and forget. Mine requires constant adjustments that I couldn't always do because of my work schedule. My local TSC has FI for $130 and it includes the turner. I would of course buy extra thermometer/hydrometer for readings as I've read almost no incubators included ones are accurate. Any thoughts?

I want to know what you all think of this idea. I am constructing my coop and I am also having trouble with the weather freezing my eggs. I remembered my dad making a dog house for our dogs as kids that had a heated floor by zigzagging an electrical cord back in forth in a hollow floor. I am thinking of constructing a nest box like this so that the eggs wont loose their viability before I can collect them.

these eggs are waiting for these eggs to hatch in a couple of days these eggs are hatching on the 23 just 5/5 these are due on Mar. 2 and these chicks have no clue what all will descend upon them.
So you plan to add your new chicks with older ones? I wondered about how this will go with mine. I have 3 week old chicks, and new ones ready to hatch any day now. I plan to put the new ones in a seperate brooder for 2 weeks then in with the others, which will be mixing 2 week olds with 5 week olds. Does this sound like it will work? They will be in a big, open 20X 20 barn room.

Back
Top Bottom