Incubators Anonymous

So today I found out that one of my co-workers would take 50 ish quail a month if I had them, at two weeks old!.....oh darn I'm going to have to hatch some more! Rats rats rats.
lau.gif

I hope I can get two groups set up and just put all the eggs in the incubator every week, might have to look at making another incubator that turns eggs though.....oh the possibilities! My coolerbator is currently jam packed, not sure where I'm going to squeeze in the other box I have coming next week.

So today I found out that one of my co-workers would take 50 ish quail a month if I had them, at two weeks old!.....oh darn I'm going to have to hatch some more! Rats rats rats.
lau.gif

I hope I can get two groups set up and just put all the eggs in the incubator every week, might have to look at making another incubator that turns eggs though.....oh the possibilities! My coolerbator is currently jam packed, not sure where I'm going to squeeze in the other box I have coming next week.

Are you ready for the I A 10 step program? Saying yes is the first step! I don't know what the second step is I never made it that far!!!
ya.gif
wink.png

Okay one chicks on momma ....

Two chicks on momma ....

Three chicks on momma and momma is out .....
Check out the feathering development of the wings and not even a week old ....

Momma having egg's and first time for chicks ......

gander007
old.gif

My chicks are doing the same thing to their poor, overworked Mama. Now at 2 weeks, mom's pristine white back has some poop stains.

Is your mini family mixed in with your flock? Mine are separated in the garage at night & in a tractor during the day so they may see the rest of the flock. Just wondering how to integrate them & when.

My chicks are doing the same thing to their poor, overworked Mama. Now at 2 weeks, mom's pristine white back has some poop stains.

Is your mini family mixed in with your flock? Mine are separated in the garage at night & in a tractor during the day so they may see the rest of the flock. Just wondering how to integrate them & when.

Right now they are in the coop but the chicks are big enough at three days to jump out and drive their Momma just nuts so tomorrow I will try to finish another grow out / holding pen with the foundation being an old pallet and some scrap plywood and left over cage wire that I keep around for just such occasions that will give me about 2 more weeks to make another coop and run for the little guys .......

Right now I have close to forty chicks on hand and I cant really decide on the ones I would like to keep for breeding as they are all so cute to watch grow up and play around in the yard .....

Back
Top Bottom