Incubators Anonymous

I got eggs today!
wee.gif
A few more Seramas and some Silkie eggs!! They are already in the bator!!

I am anxiously waiting for a friend to get back to me about borrowing his incubator. He was supposed to check on shipping and get back to me... Planning to hatch a few ancona ducklings. ♡

So our neighbour came around today....and dropped off about 20 fertile silkie eggs!!! I'm frantically revving up the incubator and cleaning out all the unused chicken hutches to stick some of the broody hens into xD If none of the hens take then I'm just going to keep them in the incubator!
I'm going to have a tough time keeping the cats out of everything though....I think they're going to have to get used to staying in the other half of the house for a while xD
I'm excited to see what hatches, he's got some gorgeous birds in his flock! Some buffs, some lavenders, some blues....I'm so excited!!

So our neighbour came around today....and dropped off about 20 fertile silkie eggs!!! I'm frantically revving up the incubator and cleaning out all the unused chicken hutches to stick some of the broody hens into xD If none of the hens take then I'm just going to keep them in the incubator!
I'm going to have a tough time keeping the cats out of everything though....I think they're going to have to get used to staying in the other half of the house for a while xD
I'm excited to see what hatches, he's got some gorgeous birds in his flock! Some buffs, some lavenders, some blues....I'm so excited!!
Congrats!!!! Silkiea are so adorable!!!!1 Hopefully you get a little variety to enjoy
smile.png

I am so excited about Silkies... I tried a couple eggs before and they were clear so today I got 6... local also... hoping for lavender and show girl
fl.gif

I hope your eggs do well!

Congrats!!!! Silkiea are so adorable!!!!1 Hopefully you get a little variety to enjoy
smile.png
I hope so too! I see his flock foraging every now and then and they are just the cutest things- but even if I get a bunch of plain old white silkies I'll still be happy! I haven't had silkies in ages so I'd love to have some again!

I am so excited about Silkies... I tried a couple eggs before and they were clear so today I got 6... local also... hoping for lavender and show girl
fl.gif

I hope your eggs do well!

Sorry to hear that about your eggs, it's awful when they just do nothing ): And good luck!! I'd love to get some showgirls, but I don't think anyone around here breeds them- I've never seen any advertised, at least.
And thank you! I'm definitely going to incubate them, the broody hens are ignoring the other eggs I put in with them to get them to sit again so I'm probably just going to have to raise them by hand again :/ Oh well!

Hello my name is chad and I am a hatch addict. Can someone tell me their experience and confirm IT IS TRUE that the incubating eggs cause the temp to rise around lock up corrst? Their isnt any outside heat source to provoke this.

Thanks for letting me share.

Hello my name is chad and I am a hatch addict. Can someone tell me their experience and confirm IT IS TRUE that the incubating eggs cause the temp to rise around lock up corrst? Their isnt any outside heat source to provoke this.

Thanks for letting me share.
I believe the answer is in the chemical reaction in changing the yoke from a food source to a live animal, humans give off heat in the changing of food (fuel) to the energy needed to live. My opinion is that if the incubator has a thermostat and heater of high quality the heat given off by the egg would not be noticed.

glad to have you taking part in this thread.

I've been on this kick getting everyone chatting about getting NPIP cert. and suddenly, I've got sick birds like crazy! Guess I'll call the dept of AG tomorrow still, but to be tested for the bad stuff instead of worrying about NPIP, for now. :(

Back
Top Bottom