Incubators Anonymous

Woohoo!!! I put eighteen quail eggs in the Bator at 9 last night. Going to be hand turning, my quail turner is AWOL.

Mine are a day late and not a sign of life.
hit.gif

But I promise I am happy for you!
love.gif

Mine are a day late and not a sign of life. :hit

But I promise I am happy for you! :love

This is really upsetting. I may send you another beta test when the girls pick back up... Just to see if they got manhandled to hard or something. The last two batches I sent out I had the PO worker put fragile five times on every side of the box... Just to be safe.

ETA: I now have access to air bags to fill the box... I hate rattled eggs.

Last edited:
This is really upsetting. I may send you another beta test when the girls pick back up... Just to see if they got manhandled to hard or something. The last two batches I sent out I had the PO worker put fragile five times on every side of the box... Just to be safe.

ETA: I now have access to air bags to fill the box... I hate rattled eggs.

Thank you. I don't know if they got xrayed or if they got shaken up somehow. The box looked completely intact. No visible damage.

I don't mind at all! I have you number one on the list as soon as the ladies pick up and give me more than one( sometimes two) egg(s) a day, I'll send replacements. It would take me all week to get that many eggs and by then they wouldn't be fresh! I'll keep you posted. :)

Got home this evening to find the dogs managed to unplug the incubator... No telling how long it was off, for. I'll candle again Saturday and pray for life

I have had mine off for over a day and they were fine. If yours was in the house.... you will really be fine. They will be delayed by however many hours it was off.

It was room temp and my husband swears it was ok when he got home so no more than two hours off. I've had broody hens off nests that long and hard good hatches.... I just worry.

Back
Top Bottom