Incubators Anonymous

the 2 chicks above hatched on wednesday, one was gray egg one was white. now my daughter talked me into getting call duck eggs so on to the next.

the 2 chicks above hatched on wednesday, one was gray egg one was white. now my daughter talked me into getting call duck eggs so on to the next.

LOL I bet she didn't have to talk to much. My daughter is the same. Wants to hatch anything we can get our hands on. It is lots of fun though. I have 4 out now and lots of pips! I enjoy every minute of it too!

Awww...congrats! I want to try hatching calls as well, but they are pretty tricky to hatch...adorable though! I may attempt it this summer. I am getting ready to set quails, ducks(not calls) and bantam cochin eggs
jumpy.gif

I have heard call ducks are tricky. I have them in a small incubator that is really good first part of the hatch with water in incubator, after my other chicks hatch, (lavender orpingtons, and what not,) then I will move them to the other incubator.

Wondering if my fellow BYC'ers will do me a favor in between checking for hatchlings, pipers and zippers and posting their progresses on here. That would be wishing my mother-in-law a warm welcome. She finally convinced her husband to build her a coop and she is leaving my house with chickens to start her flock. Her avitar is the coop he built for her, it's pretty awesome. Her username is Nanachicks.
Thank you'all in advance!
Jesse

Wondering if my fellow BYC'ers will do me a favor in between checking for hatchlings, pipers and zippers and posting their progresses on here. That would be wishing my mother-in-law a warm welcome. She finally convinced her husband to build her a coop and she is leaving my house with chickens to start her flock. Her avitar is the coop he built for her, it's pretty awesome. Her username is Nanachicks.
Thank you'all in advance!
Jesse
Feel free to PM her and Blow up her inbox!

I have some eggs due to hatch today or tomorrow, but have no pips, zips, or chicks. JUST EGGS! Since I saw wiggling eggs in the turner Tues night, I really thought they would have been early. Because of this, I put them into lockdown Wed am. (Day 17, maybe 18) Has anyone ever seen rocking eggs 4-5 days before a hatch? My hatches have always been predictable, but these were started by a broody & finished in an incubator. (Kind of dirty-looking, but that's how they looked after my broody sat on them for a while. )

Meanwhile all I can do is stare at the hatcher & wait. I've also been talking to them & tapping on the incubator to see if the eggs will react. (Family thinks I'm going crazy.
hide.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom