Incubators Anonymous

Lady cat my incubator temperature goes back-and-forth from 100 to 102 and then back down to 100, do you think that's okay?I hate to mess with it and figured as long as it doesn't go any higher than 102 that it's probably okay. What does anybody think about that.I just keep a constant watch over it. If I wake up in the middle of the night which I usually do that's the first thing I do is check on the incubator to see where the temperatures at. I'm married to my incubator.

That's what my hovabator does. My hatches from it are not as good as my hatches from the Brinseas.

Thank you to everyone for the nice replies and words of encouragement. I guess I was having a bad day yesterday or something because that was kind of a complaining thing I did. I love reading all of the post on your thread. And yes I do really enjoy my chickens. I have four eggs under a Broody right now that should be hatching today and I have 16 more eggs in my incubator and 15 of those eggs are fertile so I guess I actually have 15. These are hatching eggs that I got from a girl in Louisiana and hopefully I'll end up with a good hatch on them, I'll keep you posted. Thanks again everyone!

So glad to hear another chicken lover!!! I started by hatching in my classroom...hatched out one little bantam cochin 2 years ago and she was so sweet I just couldn't give her up! That began my chicken adventures. I LOVE broody hatches!!!! I have let my girl hatch out chicks 2 times so far...so sweet to see a broody momma with her babies
love.gif
What type(s) of chicks are you hatching?

Also a GREAT idea if you are handy at putting things together
wink.png
Haven't tried to make one yet...so far I am keeping my hatching under control by limiting myself to 2 bators
big_smile.png
....so far........

Well you don't need to be a Rocket Scientist to make one, THANK GOD because I am not handy at all. BUt this was pretty simple..

Thank you to everyone for the nice replies and words of encouragement. I guess I was having a bad day yesterday or something because that was kind of a complaining thing I did. I love reading all of the post on your thread. And yes I do really enjoy my chickens. I have four eggs under a Broody right now that should be hatching today and I have 16 more eggs in my incubator and 15 of those eggs are fertile so I guess I actually have 15. These are hatching eggs that I got from a girl in Louisiana and hopefully I'll end up with a good hatch on them, I'll keep you posted. Thanks again everyone!

The more you do, the more you get, Next message you send will be OMG, I have over 200 Chickens, then guess what? YOUR IN THERE LEAGUE.. LOL>..

I have a small bator too, so I'm with you. I have over 250 hens and Roosters as well as ducks. It's not so much the quanity, it's the ADDICTION. Hatching is very very Addicting...I think it's worst then smoking or drugs. Once you start you just don't want to stop. LOL

I have 41 in the incubator right now, this is only day 2. Im planning on doing the 2 incubator method with the 2nd being the hatcher, due to a semi staggered setting. my question is, how long can you keep the original incubator going? the eggs are in a egg turner so it seems it doesn't get all that dirty since the hatching will happen in the 2nd. so is it possible to keep the original going and adding eggs as space becomes available when the others get transferred? of course the hatcher will need to be cleaned. LOL

I have 41 in the incubator right now, this is only day 2. Im planning on doing the 2 incubator method with the 2nd being the hatcher, due to a semi staggered setting. my question is, how long can you keep the original incubator going? the eggs are in a egg turner so it seems it doesn't get all that dirty since the hatching will happen in the 2nd. so is it possible to keep the original going and adding eggs as space becomes available when the others get transferred? of course the hatcher will need to be cleaned. LOL
My cabinet incubator has been running about a year----24/7 Never been cut off. Usually full of eggs. The hatcher is shut down and cleaned after each hatch. Doing a staggered hatch is fine----you just have to make sure the "hatcher" is avaliable when its time to take the next batch of eggs out the incubator. I try to allow 2 days after the due date of the eggs that are in the hatcher---so I set accordingly.

My cabinet incubator has been running about a year----24/7 Never been cut off. Usually full of eggs. The hatcher is shut down and cleaned after each hatch. Doing a staggered hatch is fine----you just have to make sure the "hatcher" is avaliable when its time to take the next batch of eggs out the incubator. I try to allow 2 days after the due date of the eggs that are in the hatcher---so I set accordingly.

exactly, im going to attempt something similar. im also in SC, about 25 min from Columbia.

I do the same thing. Incubate in the cabinet and hatch in 3 hatchers, getting ready to be 4.

I would still clean it after each one, you never know whats on those eggs.

I guess you can keep it going until it quits... LOL

I would still clean it after each one, you never know whats on those eggs.

I guess you can keep it going until it quits... LOL
I run my incubator non-stop as well. If there is bacteria in, you will smell it. Remember how the hatcher smells after a hatch.. No smell at all, no issues.

Back
Top Bottom