Incubators Anonymous

This is the only chick that I got out of my last hatch,I don't know what happened but anyway that's the way it is. This is where she decided that she would like to roost. She's been jumping in and out of her tote box and I let her because I feel sorry for her that she's probably bored. She's only 2 weeks old. This screwdriver is right above her tote and that's where her heat lamp was hanging from. We were looking for her on the floor and there she was up on the screwdriver, pretty funny.I saw you were on Ron so I thought I would give you the pleasure of this. Thought you might get a kick out of it.
At first glance the picture didn't look like it was going to to be very good.
ep.gif
I had to do a second one cause now I am glad the chick is roosting on the screwdriver and not the other way.. That chick is a cute bird.

At first glance the picture didn't look like it was going to to be very good.
ep.gif
I had to do a second one cause now I am glad the chick is roosting on the screwdriver and not the other way.. That chick is a cute bird.
Now that is a cute picture. This is going to be one handy chick. lol

I know posts are far and few between from me. Lol this what happens when your busy like me. My store bought chickens finally started laying eggs. One has been laying blue eggs, the other laid her first brown egg today. but not in a very smart place and it rolled off and got broken. :(

The blue egg layer stopped laying where she was laying (I don't want her laying in there anyway).
Needless to say my ducks have been laying for a couple weeks now. I started a thread about that else where.

Here is a few pics of the chickens and a couple eggs.

That appears to be in the feed?? I am sorry, but if it is....lol...I can see why you did not want her to lay in there. On the other hand maybe she wanted a snack. It is a pretty egg. My news for today is I got a pip.

Yes she's in the feed tub. And that's exactly where I found her this morning. Lol
That appears to be in the feed?? I am sorry, but if it is....lol...I can see why you did not want her to lay in there. On the other hand maybe she wanted a snack. It is a pretty egg. My news for today is I got a pip.

I have the first baby chick out of the egg. None of the remaining have pipped. This one pipped on day 20. Should we just wait? Today is day 21. These were shipped eggs. All had movement. Could they have been gathered on different days?

I have the first baby chick out of the egg. None of the remaining have pipped. This one pipped on day 20. Should we just wait? Today is day 21. These were shipped eggs. All had movement. Could they have been gathered on different days?

Hi there! Sorry you didn't get a response yet
hugs.gif
Any more babies hatch out yet? I usually give it some time after their due date. I have had some hatch 2 days early to 3-4 days late(by my count...LOL) but you never really know. they have their own time schedule
idunno.gif

One more pipped. After almost 24 hours it had not gotten anywhere so we helped that one out of the shell. It's head was stuck in position under it's wing facing the wrong way. It is fine now. We now have two babies that hatched and are eating and moving around in brooder. There are two left. We did a water test, but there was no movement of eggs. So I think this will be all we will get. We put them back just in case. I think a 50 percent hatch out of shipped eggs is probably okay. As soon as I can download a picture I will post it.

Back
Top Bottom