Incubators Anonymous

I also have a FI, guess I got lucky...my temps and humidity are stable and within .02°F of my calibrated thermometers. Humidity is 2% difference. :D
Bought it last year because I ran out of room in my cabinet bator. Had "pheasant math" real bad last year. :lau

Hi, I am not necessarily new here, been MIA since 2014 :th

I have since lost all my flock as they refused to go in there coop and they know roam free on another property :confused: They are basically wild birds now and I see them occassionally but were never very tame.

I have ordered this incubator, I am now looking for some fertilised eggs to start my flock as I want to be able to raise them to be friendly. We are also going to build a run for them, but I am also looking at prices of ready made ones and may even get them.

The breeds I am looking at are either the Plymouth Rock or the Barnevelder as they are the ones that are possibly the best for our family, are friendly and can be tamed to allow to be held and also do the best in confined spaces. Am open to any other ideas also, but they do have to have nice roosters that are not aggressive.

Hi, I am not necessarily new here, been MIA since 2014 :th

I have since lost all my flock as they refused to go in there coop and they know roam free on another property :confused: They are basically wild birds now and I see them occassionally but were never very tame.

I have ordered this incubator, I am now looking for some fertilised eggs to start my flock as I want to be able to raise them to be friendly. We are also going to build a run for them, but I am also looking at prices of ready made ones and may even get them.

The breeds I am looking at are either the Plymouth Rock or the Barnevelder as they are the ones that are possibly the best for our family, are friendly and can be tamed to allow to be held and also do the best in confined spaces. Am open to any other ideas also, but they do have to have nice roosters that are not aggressive.
I think that looks like a nice incubator. I've spent 3X that on ones here in the US.

Why settle with just those breeds? I love variety and have about 80......mostly different breeds....but I focus more on egg color variety.. I mix and match roosters to hens that will product fun and unique chickens and fun colored eggs. I sell both chicks, eating eggs and hatching eggs. It has become a nice hobby for me in my retirement. Good luck with your hatch!
IMG_5133.JPG
IMG_5117.JPG
IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_6978 - Copy.JPG
IMG_5975.JPG

I think that looks like a nice incubator. I've spent 3X that on ones here in the US.

Why settle with just those breeds? I love variety and have about 80......mostly different breeds....but I focus more on egg color variety.. I mix and match roosters to hens that will product fun and unique chickens and fun colored eggs. I sell both chicks, eating eggs and hatching eggs. It has become a nice hobby for me in my retirement. Good luck with your hatch!View attachment 1890387 View attachment 1890388 View attachment 1890389 View attachment 1890390 View attachment 1890392

I was not sure how well the eggs would sell if I wanted to sell fertilised eggs if they were cross breeds. I only have limited space and was considering either selling fertilised eggs or the chickens so we always have fresh lots. The space I have apparently I can only have about 5 chickens and not handy so can't make one. Only limited finances too so trying to what I can. I also want ones guaranteed to be able to be tamed to enjoy being handling. My last lot hates being handled.

enters, I was invited in before my son disowns me, as had asked about hatch aholics support group lol.

I have a problem when I said I was not going to hatch this year and did pretty good until 6 weeks ago and just set my 3rd incubator and ordered the turner for the big one .

Yay!!! A @LilyD featured thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you have in your incubator right now?
10 Rode Island whites ,after saying wasn't setting such smalleggs but least they've grown in size now.
2 outta my olive egger
3 second generation EE
and son is gonna shoot me, ordered another incuturn after he made my other one disappear, so I can fire up the bigger Incubator as it will hold 48 more lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom