Incubators Anonymous

I ended up with 51 chickies!
celebrate.gif

Super Blue Egg Layers just for a group shot, we needed some chick pics 12/13 hatched (not all pictured so don't count lol)

Great photos--very cute!

Lemon Blue Cochin..
ANother great photo!!

this is Charles It's been a few months since I last attended a I.A meeting things have gone down hill since i was here last I now have 100 bobwhite quail and 2 peafowl in the incubator plus added two more bee hive to the property. my wife made a call earlier to someone wait there are two men watching me from the tree line they are holding something behind their back a pretty white jacket but wait there are no sleeves.

this is Charles It's been a few months since I last attended a I.A meeting things have gone down hill since i was here last I now have 100 bobwhite quail and 2 peafowl in the incubator plus added two more bee hive to the property. my wife made a call earlier to someone wait there are two men watching me from the tree line they are holding something behind their back a pretty white jacket but wait there are no sleeves.
gig.gif
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Thanks, I needed a good laugh . . . . I just added 21 eggs to my LG to night! I sthere a sleeveless jacket for me too?

I locked down my quail with full intentions of leaving the 4 duck eggs in the ECO in peace....then remembered some frizzle and sizzle eggs I had been hoarding. Ooops. Into the Bator they go.

yuckyuck.gif

I will be having an oops today too! Actually this week and next week will be my last weeks to set. THen I'm taking the summer off. Well, that isn't quite correct. I will not be incubating, but I will be making pens and more coops!
big_smile.png

yuckyuck.gif

When I got home this weekend from my trade days I was greeted with a incubator full of red and black sex links. I have over 20 so far and still waiting on some more to hatch out. I did have to help 4 so far from the hatch sense the humidity dropped down I am thinking to much and the chicks got stuck inside the eggs by it drying it up. I just got some nice warm water and took a cotton ball and wiped them down where they were stuck either to the egg or themselves. So far so good. I did notice another one late last night that was that way too. So just did the same thing to that one and placed it back into the bator. I will be going out to the Barn here in a bit to check on him or her to see how its doing and if we have any more hatching. I had about 4 in the house hatch so outside to the brooder they went.
When hubby went to feed the ducks, geese and peacocks he found 4 eggs in the pen so he put them in the bator for now. I told him to wait so I can see what temp they need to be, how long ect. But he did it anyway. So hoping the other eggs hatch soon so I can take care of the peafowl eggs properly. I might move the eggs from inside the house to the outside bator and bring in the peafowl eggs to be able to keep a better eye out on them.
Wished I could get my Lavender Buffs to lay more. I might have to just order more so I can get my flock to grow bigger.

When I checked on the older chicks last night while feeding I noticed one that looked lavender and realized I had finally hatched one out LOL I had been trying now for 2 other hatches and they never did not sure why. So when I had been feeding in the past never really paied attention it was Lavender just thought it was one of the black or gray colored chicks I already had lol.
Now praying its a hen that is what I need.
deana

Back
Top Bottom