Incubators Anonymous

Or he may love the chicks, too! I catch DH playing with the chicks.
wink.png

Quote: I do! Most of my greener layers are in the Olive Egger Pen with the Marans roo. The blue layers get to live in the EE pen covered by a Black Ameraucana roo.... soon to be a Lavender Ameraucana roo. Most of my EE rival my Ameraucanas eggs in color. I have been eating them but I will save some up and get you a picture..... OH I may have one.... be right back

I am back....
lau.gif

Ok this was taken BEFORE I had an Olive Egger pen. The greener eggs are now make me olive eggs. There are 2 WL eggs on the top and 2 Olive Eggers on the left in the middle.... not really the best for color but gives you an idea.

This is from my Leghorn X's the blue/green on the right is a double yolker and her first egg at 20 weeks (I have since found 2 more double yolkers) this pullet was from an EE roo so I don't know what color egg genes he was carrying. My Leghorn X's are with my Lavender roos now so should be BLUER than this. The egg on the left is from my Ameraucana Split. I really have to look hard to tell them apart and one pullet in that pens lays an egg almost the same color as the split.

If you decide you want some, wait so I can swap out the roos and get you eggs from my Lavender roo to improve your egg color. ANY DAY NOW..... I will make the move, BUT you have to send me pics of the chicks.... as I am on a hatching hiatus at the moment...
pop.gif
Ameraucanas are a smaller bird but not much.

Zootopia,
I am going to be up in Abilene this weekend for Buffalo Gap. we will be bring some chickens up there to sell. If you are able or planned on going be nice to meet you.
Last month was my first time to ever be up in that area and I really liked it.
Deana

Ok, DM you are baaaaad! I have another 100 guinea eggs coming! I've only got about 60 in the brooder now! My DH is building my poultry barn 32' x 50' I promised him I wouldn't fill it all the way up!!! Oh, well, he is expecting me to break my promise. Hehe. I'm selling guinea keets locally cause the ticks are super bad.

Your BR go in the hatcher either this weekend or early next week! can't wait to see them. It looks like all but 3 will make it to the hatcher so far!!

Ugh so after a hatch aand my eggs and my new incubator all happening on the same day I thought I had my egg problem under control. I coould use my new mini eco as a hatcher for my quail eggs and the eggs in my still air could stay in there and I could clean up after the hatch and put all my new eggs in there and viola everything is hunky dory .. WRONG
he.gif

My brand new less then 24 hour old mini eco busted and I have to send it back to get fixed or replaced after I woudnt let the coustmer servive lady tell me it was my fualt. So I have to find room to hatch my quail eggs they are due in a few days. 15-17 or something close. So I have to start lock down soon
barnie.gif
I dislike saying it like this but I put all my really good eggs in my wilma bator
Thats 11 Cuckoo marans , 20 sweedish flower hens, 8 norwigen jerhons (spelling) Something like 20 ish silkie , serma , D'ullces (spelling again) 15 mix and match eggs includeing 3 blue eggs and 17 bob whites.
th.gif

That leaves 10 local barnyard mixes 15 ish chuckar eggs and something like 30 ish quail that will be hatching soon.
fl.gif

Im really hopeing everthing will be ok and these other eggs wont mind a little extra humidity I have them in cartons in the hopes the quails wont gett them to messy . The rest of these guys are due (chicken 23rd) (chuckar 24th/25th)
Any ideas on how well this will work out for me has anyone tried it.

Ugh so after a hatch aand my eggs and my new incubator all happening on the same day I thought I had my egg problem under control. I coould use my new mini eco as a hatcher for my quail eggs and the eggs in my still air could stay in there and I could clean up after the hatch and put all my new eggs in there and viola everything is hunky dory .. WRONG
he.gif

My brand new less then 24 hour old mini eco busted and I have to send it back to get fixed or replaced after I woudnt let the coustmer servive lady tell me it was my fualt. So I have to find room to hatch my quail eggs they are due in a few days. 15-17 or something close. So I have to start lock down soon
barnie.gif
I dislike saying it like this but I put all my really good eggs in my wilma bator
Thats 11 Cuckoo marans , 20 sweedish flower hens, 8 norwigen jerhons (spelling) Something like 20 ish silkie , serma , D'ullces (spelling again) 15 mix and match eggs includeing 3 blue eggs and 17 bob whites.
th.gif

That leaves 10 local barnyard mixes 15 ish chuckar eggs and something like 30 ish quail that will be hatching soon.
fl.gif

Im really hopeing everthing will be ok and these other eggs wont mind a little extra humidity I have them in cartons in the hopes the quails wont gett them to messy . The rest of these guys are due (chicken 23rd) (chuckar 24th/25th)
Any ideas on how well this will work out for me has anyone tried it.
Well, if it was me (and I have done this twice now) I would run up to the local farm store and spend the $39 on a still air incubator and use it as a hatcher. I now have 3 hatchers and its a juggling act every day. Will your plan work? Probably. I would wait to bump the humidity until they pip (like I do with geese), then bump it up, let them hatch and let it go back down.

I do! Most of my greener layers are in the Olive Egger Pen with the Marans roo. The blue layers get to live in the EE pen covered by a Black Ameraucana roo.... soon to be a Lavender Ameraucana roo. Most of my EE rival my Ameraucanas eggs in color. I have been eating them but I will save some up and get you a picture..... OH I may have one.... be right back

I am back....
lau.gif

Ok this was taken BEFORE I had an Olive Egger pen. The greener eggs are now make me olive eggs. There are 2 WL eggs on the top and 2 Olive Eggers on the left in the middle.... not really the best for color but gives you an idea.

This is from my Leghorn X's the blue/green on the right is a double yolker and her first egg at 20 weeks (I have since found 2 more double yolkers) this pullet was from an EE roo so I don't know what color egg genes he was carrying. My Leghorn X's are with my Lavender roos now so should be BLUER than this. The egg on the left is from my Ameraucana Split. I really have to look hard to tell them apart and one pullet in that pens lays an egg almost the same color as the split.

If you decide you want some, wait so I can swap out the roos and get you eggs from my Lavender roo to improve your egg color. ANY DAY NOW..... I will make the move, BUT you have to send me pics of the chicks.... as I am on a hatching hiatus at the moment...
pop.gif
Ameraucanas are a smaller bird but not much.
I think some colored eggs would be pretty. DH might notice but what they hay! I just pm'd Arielle on her BIN, keep me posted on yours!

Back
Top Bottom