incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by salvationfarms, May 23, 2011.

1. salvationfarms

salvationfarms In the Brooder

May 17, 2011
    New Albany, MS
    I am just getting started in the chickens and plan to later hatch a few once my birds start laying ............... what are some good incubators or what do some of you recommend ? thanks in advance for your help

2. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Songster

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Well i use the Little Giant fan forced incubator and then when it is time to put them in lockdown for hatching i transfer them over to my still air Little Giant so that when i have those hatching i can put more into the fan one cause the fan is suppose to help the egg shell soften for the chicks to bust through

3. gogoalie

gogoalie Songster

May 15, 2010
    Alaska
    Hova-Bator...I'm love mine, & this is my first time hatchin'...I got it second hand from the science teacher who gave away all his chickens he hatched last year...[​IMG] 12 eggs incubated on the 14th & 12 eggs are developing...

4. Alexander

Alexander Songster

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    I dont have any,I am using broody's but im planning one making one homemade.

I hear people here saying that the HovaBator Genesis 1588 is really good so, i would recommend it.I dont really like LG's though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: