Incuturn for Quail Eggs?

gatrapper

Songster
8 Years
May 20, 2015
Georgia
Hey Y'all,

I have a Hovabator Genesis with an incuturn automatic egg turner. I put my first batch of quail eggs in on the 13 April. I can't tell if it is turning the eggs completly.

Has anyone had any experience using the incuturn with quail eggs?

Hey Y'all,

I have a Hovabator Genesis with an incuturn automatic egg turner. I put my first batch of quail eggs in on the 13 April. I can't tell if it is turning the eggs completly.

Good luck on your hatch and idk on the incuturn sorry

Hey Y'all,

Try putting an "X" with a pencil on one of the eggs. That way it'll be easier to tell if its moved.

I have the eggs labeled with x’s on both sides. That’s what’s confusing me haha.

Is there an ideal incubator for quail on the market?

I have the eggs labeled with x’s on both sides. That’s what’s confusing me haha.

Is there an ideal incubator for quail on the market?
The brinsea ovation series has quail eggs trays you can buy separately. I find they are great, but some eggs are too big. I have to either only fill one side of that tray (their quail trays each hold 2 rows of about 10-11 eggs), and move the divider over so it’s wider, and the other side is lost space, or I use one of the regular trays, which only holds half as many.

They make an IncuTurn specifically for quail eggs. Are you using that or the one for chicken eggs?
Yes--I never knew they made a quail egg incuturn. I just ordered one. I have quail eggs currently in the incubator. You think they are a bust?

Last edited:
Yes--I never knew they made a quail egg incuturn. I just ordered one. I have quail eggs currently in the incubator. You think they are a bust?
Just cuz the turner is a bit big or turning isn't perfect doesn't mean the eggs are a bust

Back
Top Bottom