IncuView Experiment Fail

could you do a link to the youtube video please? I also have an incuview and a hovabator 1588. I had great hatch rates at the beginning of the spring but as the summer went on it got worse in both. I'm guessing the rain, humidity and air pressure had a lot to o with that. as well as young hens.
The most important thing is to have at least one, separately purchased, CALIBRATED thermometer AND a salt tested humidty gauge in your bator.

Did/do you have these.

I repeat I do not recommend following the advice/ways this person ran his bator.

The most important thing is to have at least one, separately purchased, CALIBRATED thermometer AND a salt tested humidty gauge in your bator.
Did/do you have these.
I repeat I do not recommend following the advice/ways this person ran his bator.
Thank you. :)
I do actually in both of them. a lot of people in my area had issues, even my broody silkie hen had hatching issues. I did actually watch these videos before purchasing 2 years ago. the first year I had 75 -90% hatch rates on shipped guinea and chicken eggs. (10 batches) so I was happy with it. I haven't used it for my peafowl eggs yet as I had mainly shipped pea eggs this past year. 100% hatch rates on my own silkie eggs at the beginning of the spring I did 4 batches of them. then it went downhill. I did do some staggered batches so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it. I'd collect for a week and those would go in the hovabator (more space) and for lockdown week they'd move over to the incuview. debating on what to do this year. Any tips are welcome.
Thanks!

I was doing a search for hatching in egg cartons- good or bad idea? And this thread popped up. I had just seen the op’s video on YouTube last week too so kinda funny that I found this. I have an incuview and I currently have a mix of shipped Marans, Isbar,& Bielefelder eggs plus some from my own flock- everything has gone better this time then the first and I’ve got a week left till hatch, but I can’t make up my mind if I want to hatch them in cutout cardboard egg cartons(or at least the shipped eggs?) It was recommended to do it that way by the guy I got the Bielefelder from- any input??

I was doing a search for hatching in egg cartons- good or bad idea? And this thread popped up. I had just seen the op’s video on YouTube last week too so kinda funny that I found this. I have an incuview and I currently have a mix of shipped Marans, Isbar,& Bielefelder eggs plus some from my own flock- everything has gone better this time then the first and I’ve got a week left till hatch, but I can’t make up my mind if I want to hatch them in cutout cardboard egg cartons(or at least the shipped eggs?) It was recommended to do it that way by the guy I got the Bielefelder from- any input??
If I were you I would remove them from the carton come hatch time.

If I were you I would remove them from the carton come hatch time.
I had them in cartons just for the first few days, after that I took them out and they have been on their side. I was told that for hatching it’d be easier for the ones that had messed up aircells to hatch in an upright position. But of course I’ve read good and bad lol!

I brought this old thread back to life because I accidentally ran across this person's YouTube channel and saw his videos about his hatches.

I really hope he still hatching and comes back soon but I'm afraid he might have quit.:(
Oh. :th Oops on me. :)

Back
Top Bottom