Incuview Incubator

Hello,
I just purchased a incuview incubator and I'm super excited for it to arrive so I can set some eggs. I bought a magicfly incubator but I couldn't get the temp and humidity correct in the dry run with a hygrometer that I bought online from a pet store. I also love that the Incubatorwarehouse is a member here to help with the trouble shooting with issues speaks volumes for the company that will stand behind there product.

I'm going to try and set my own eggs, I have a lavender orpington rooster, and a few different breeds of hens, barred rocks, orpingtons ,australorp and ee's and olive eggers.

I know you were talking to Margaret but there's lots of good breeders here on BYC that sell hatching eggs and also a lot of people buy eggs on eBay. And you can check Craigslist

I like to do staggered hatches that I incubate in my homemade bator, and then move them to my Incuview for lockdown. Love how easy it is to see them in there, and how easy it is to clean!

I just realized that the group I just hatched this past Sunday was not only hatched in the Incuview, but incubated the whole time in it. I lost one turkey egg to early death, but every single other egg hatched!

I am on my second hygrometer and it has ceased working, as the first one did. I would not, at this point, put any reliance on them. I have two other small meters in there and they are both spot on. I also had to replace the power cord and the replacement is working fine so far. As others have said, I found customer service to be very responsive......which makes it much easier to be part of a product's development. Despite the failing of the power cord four days after I set the eggs (power was off for up to 12 hours while we were away) I had a 90% hatch, so was happy with that.

Hygrometers are easy to test.

To test a hygrometer you will need:

1/2 cup table salt

approximately 1/4 cup water

coffee cup

hygrometer

large re-sealable freezer bag

1. Place 1/2 cup of salt in the coffee cup, and add the water. Stir for a bit to totally saturate the salt (the salt won't dissolve, it will be more like really wet sand).

2. Place the salt/water mix in a re-sealable plastic bag, along with the hygrometer, and seal the bag. Note: make sure none of the salt/water mix comes in direct contact with the hygrometer.

3. Let this bag aside at room temperature for 8-12 hours, in a location where the temperature is fairly constant.

4. After 8-12 hours, check the reading of the hygrometer. It is best to read it while still in the bag.

The relative humidity in the sealed bag with the salt/water mix should be 75 percent

Good to know thanks!

Back
Top Bottom