Incuview Incubator

My current batch is just a little over a week from hatching. It's my 3rd batch and I'm still pleased that I made the jump to spend the extra money on a good incubator.

I have not had power supply problems. I have the IncuTherm Plus hygrometer and it's definitely helpful. The last two batches HAVE started hatching around day 20 instead of 21 but when I tried to adjust temps to compensate just a LITTLE, it frustrated me more than just having them hatch a little early, so I set it back. There are times the IncuTherm is within a couple point degrees of the incubator itself, but most of the time, it seems to be about 1 degree off, with the IncuTherm reading higher. My last hatch though, the IncuView hygro seemed to be "stuck" on the lower portion of the reading, but I did have a small batch.

I've determined so far that in my area of SC, adding no more than 2 cups of water to the trays is good for the hatching stage. It gets the humidity up there and holds in there for a good while.

My current batch is just a little over a week from hatching. It's my 3rd batch and I'm still pleased that I made the jump to spend the extra money on a good incubator.

I have not had power supply problems. I have the IncuTherm Plus hygrometer and it's definitely helpful. The last two batches HAVE started hatching around day 20 instead of 21 but when I tried to adjust temps to compensate just a LITTLE, it frustrated me more than just having them hatch a little early, so I set it back. There are times the IncuTherm is within a couple point degrees of the incubator itself, but most of the time, it seems to be about 1 degree off, with the IncuTherm reading higher. My last hatch though, the IncuView hygro seemed to be "stuck" on the lower portion of the reading, but I did have a small batch.

I've determined so far that in my area of SC, adding no more than 2 cups of water to the trays is good for the hatching stage. It gets the humidity up there and holds in there for a good while.
Directly from the instructions that came with a replacement IncuTherm unit -
Set Temp :
This will move the temperature up and down by 0.1 degree increments. If you hold the UP or DOWN buttons down, it will change more rapidly. NOTE: the temperature sensor on this device is very sensitive and will adjust rapidly to tiny changes in temperature. You may see the temperature display moving by several 10ths of a degree above or below the set point and then go the other direction. The sensor is quickly communicating with the controller to adjust the amount of power that is sent to the heaters. The temperature variation that your eggs will experience is MUCH, MUCH less the sensitive sensor is reading.

In other words, give it a chance to adjust and for the controls to stabilize before you give up and go back to a setting that is a bit too warm.

Directly from the instructions that came with a replacement IncuTherm unit -
Set Temp :
This will move the temperature up and down by 0.1 degree increments. If you hold the UP or DOWN buttons down, it will change more rapidly. NOTE: the temperature sensor on this device is very sensitive and will adjust rapidly to tiny changes in temperature. You may see the temperature display moving by several 10ths of a degree above or below the set point and then go the other direction. The sensor is quickly communicating with the controller to adjust the amount of power that is sent to the heaters. The temperature variation that your eggs will experience is MUCH, MUCH less the sensitive sensor is reading.

In other words, give it a chance to adjust and for the controls to stabilize before you give up and go back to a setting that is a bit too warm.

I gave it a few hours to regulate, between both the onboard and the external. I'll try again on another batch. My current batch is full of 22 NN eggs so I'm good with going with what has brought me success, even if early, instead of mucking with things and compromising the hatch. I don't need 22 NN chicks so if just half of them hatch, I'll be good!
lol.png
These did have a 2 hour ride from my house, so it's not impossible for the hatch results to be just 50% since they're kinda like shipped eggs. We shall see! Thank you :)

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the advice! We had a successful hatch! Very happy I quickly purchased a cheapo hygrometer at Walmart for my hatch because the built in gauge would have been very off if I had followed that.. we hatched 15/15 of the fertile eggs we put in.. we started with 24, but we quickly found 9 of those to not even be fertile.. just yolkers! We even had a "breech" baby who pipped at the wrong end make it!

Last edited:
Recently bought an incuview too after reading most every post. Had trouble getting it up to temp because the house is rarely above 70*. Placed it on a towel. Nope. No change. Covered it with an apple box. Perfect. 99.6 every time I check it and big holes for air.

I received mine Friday, picked it up last night at my son's house and put it together today. Can someone tell me what this cord is for since these instructions do not show pics of underside lid? I sent email to company and then found this page.
263a.png
I have no patience as you can tell.

Yep, temp sensor. I bent mine down gently so that the tip of it is level with the center of the eggs.
Thank you for the advice! I just plugged it in and temp is rising, put a little water in but getting ready to look over paperwork again since I can't seem to get it above 21 days and I'm attempting goose eggs. Both females only sit while laying, one stays in about 30 mins and the other 2 hours or less and my mother has a dog who knows when they lay and comes over to eat the eggs. GRRR

Back
Top Bottom