Incuview Incubator

I use dividers so I can be sure of the parentage of specific chicks. I use small basket-y type things that I turn upside down, or homemade from hardware cloth. And yes, they do take up space so can only be used if you haven't loaded the incubator to max capacity. And I do find that the chicks from eggs that were not IN a basket will climb on top of the baskets. They will peck at the fan, but fortunately, they don't seem able to get their beaks on the blades. Mine have all been safe so far.

One of my basket dividers is actually a Muchkin brand thingy meant for washing baby bottle parts in a dishwasher. Other things I found were wire organizer baskets meant for silverware drawers. I flip them upside down. It all depends what I find that is large enough to fit eggs, but not too large to hit the dome ceiling of the incuview. I have read where people use mesh lingerie type bags, and I think those sound really cool, and would like to try those sometime.

Just sharing my experience. I did get the huge needle set up from Amazon and it's effortless! Anyone want a needle? I don't need this many.

I've also found adding 20mls of water 2x a day to the outer ring holds me between 37% and 41% dependably. The inner well only does high 40s, likely because the fan evaporates more there.

So... ventilation...only one hole, open or closed during lockdown/hatching?
Have had it closed to partially open to open throughout, playing with humidity levels.
I find it odd that there is only one hole for ventilation.
They need some air exchange, right...more so during hatching?

@Molpet @junebuggena ..who else is still around that has experience with this bator??

So... ventilation...only one hole, open or closed during lockdown/hatching?
Have had it closed to partially open to open throughout, playing with humidity levels.
I find it odd that there is only one hole for ventilation.
They need some air exchange, right...more so during hatching?

@Molpet @junebuggena ..who else is still around that has experience with this bator??
open
I wish they had 2 holes too
I put a wet sponge on the lid next to the hole, so the air would pick up moisture, when the room was dry.
with other incubator people have run a humidifier in the room to get the room humidity up... if the room is dry it doesn't help the inc humidity
eta looking for a relative humidity in the room of 50-60 %

Last edited:
@aart I kept mine open too—I’ve read a lot about how important it is for there to be adequate ventilation during hatching.

I too wish that there was more than one vent hole. I’ve considered having my husband drill another hole but am afraid it would shatter the plastic or damage the lid somehow.

My humidity was very steady even with the open vent hole. I kept the outer reservoir topped up and also kept a wet sponge in the corner. The room it was in has a relatively high humidity, so I’m sure that helped at lockdown (though made it difficult during the rest of the incubation).

Open. I've never used this incubator with the vent hole closed. It's positioned just above the fan, so it's constantly having air drawn in. No issues with stable humidity at all. The innermost tray filled will keep the incubator in 30 to 35 range. Middle tray keeps it at about 40. Exterior tray gives me about 50.

Thanks All!
I have no option for humidifying the room.....might try sponge next to hole.

Open. I've never used this incubator with the vent hole closed. It's positioned just above the fan, so it's constantly having air drawn in. No issues with stable humidity at all. The innermost tray filled will keep the incubator in 30 to 35 range. Middle tray keeps it at about 40. Exterior tray gives me about 50.
So which did you fill for lockdown/hatching...all of them...for 70-80%??

Back
Top Bottom