Incuview Incubator

Pics
Well in the end, of the eggs that were fertile, I had the following hatch rates:

Dominique: 5/6
Swedish Flower: 3/6
Cream Legbar: 1/2

I had 5 eggs that had fully formed chicks in them that never pipped internally, which is disappointing. When I opened up the eggs, the inner membranes didn't seem very tight but they were dry on the outside, is that shrink wrapped? I think it was just too dry in the house throughout the incubation and the eggs lost too much moisture. I think the Dominique eggs suffered the least because they were the biggest and that's why most of them made it.

Overall I am happy with the performance of the incubator when it comes to keeping temps stable, I just have to be more careful about humidity in the future and maybe keep my hatching to the Spring/Summer months when it's not an issue.

Last edited:
I just finished reading all 292 posts and am officially sold. I was set on the Hova Bator Genesis, but now am going to order the Incuview. Thank you all for the info and feedback. It is most appreciated. :) And congrats on all your successes!

I just finished reading all 292 posts and am officially sold. I was set on the Hova Bator Genesis, but now am going to order the Incuview. Thank you all for the info and feedback. It is most appreciated.
smile.png
And congrats on all your successes!

You sound like me. I have still never purchased any incubator. And I was told the Genesis 1588 was the one to get.

Now I think I'd get one of these when I finally do purchase.

I will be ordering mine this weekend. I hope they have a Black Friday sale. That may just be hopeful thinking though. I know someone posted early in the conversation that they received $5 off with code facebook5, so I'll be trying that as well. Either way, it's getting ordered this weekend so I can have a hatch or two of my backyard mixes before I put in some gamefowl and turkey eggs.

I will be ordering mine this weekend. I hope they have a Black Friday sale. That may just be hopeful thinking though. I know someone posted early in the conversation that they received $5 off with code facebook5, so I'll be trying that as well. Either way, it's getting ordered this weekend so I can have a hatch or two of my backyard mixes before I put in some gamefowl and turkey eggs.

Oh!!!! I forgot about "black friday".... If they have a great deal would you let us know?
pop.gif

We just got one of these and have set our first batch of eggs!
smile.png
We set small eggs (Serama) and the automatic turner isn't really 'turning' them. They're just scooting along side-to-side so we're having to hand turn them anyway which kinda defeats the purpose. We didn't notice this 'scooting' rather than turning right away - when we candled them a few days ago they were definitely developing 'stuck' on one side of the shell. I have since been hand turning them and trying to get them to develop more evenly in the shell (if that makes sense).

Are these developing eggs goners now?
sad.png

One of the reasons we got this one was that you could supposedly use it with quail and other small eggs. Anyone have advice for us? Otherwise we're happy with it (temp and humidity holds well and the view is great.

Back
Top Bottom