Incuview Incubator

Pics

We FINALLY got our replacement part shipped to us and installed. The incubator has been running now for almost 24 hours. I have an additional digital temperature/humidity probe setting on the bottom near the outer ring and it is reading around 97.5 with the controller's temperature reading anywhere from 99.2 to 99.7. Using an IR temperature gun I took the temperature of the egg rack in several locations. Around the sides I was getting readings in the 97-98 range and near the center I hit a couple of spots at 100-101.

I think I'll try putting a towel under the incubator as suggested earlier in this thread and see if I get move even temperature readings.

Hopefully this coming week I'll have eggs. I'll be setting a dozen+ bantam eggs and will be monitoring the eggs shell temps as well.

Curious to see what brands and types of thermomenters and hygrometers you all have experience with and recommend? I can imagine this issue of different readings is enough to drive people insane. I have to read up on other threads before my incubators arrive!
Looking forward to Hatching Dad's experiences!

Leela

I think the folded towel under the unit has done the trick for creating more even temperatures on the egg tray. This morning with the IR gun I got consistent readings of 100.0 to 101.3 in all areas. Without the towel the areas near the sides were down in the 97-98 range.

I'm using this digital humidity/temp meter that I got off of ebay for just a few dollars. Before using it I set it next to our very expensive Honeywell whole house thermostat with humidity meter and they registered the exact same percentage after sitting next to each other for 24 hours.

One design problem I noticed while it was turning yesterday. When the turner got to this point the tray was touching the wall of the incubator. On the next turn the motor struggles as it is under pressure to get past this point, it has to push the tray against against the wall. I'm going to use my dremell on the tray to remedy this. I'll post a pic this afternoon once done. Sorry for the crappy picture, it's hard to take through the plastic.

Back
Top Bottom