Incuview Incubator

Pics
I locked down a little early last night as a couple of the eggys are starting to wobble.

Nice tip. If I can't find the parts I need at the computer shop later today I think I have a bowl that will work like that, I'll just have to make sure it isn't too tall to block the air flow.

My wife texted me at 10am this morning saying the peeping was LOUD and she saw a pip. at 11:30am we had "Nugget", TWO full days early. I had not gotten my parts yet! This is what I got on the way home today. This fan even had some convenient clips on the sides that allowed me to just snap it to the existing fan. After the hatch is over I'll make it more permanent. I had to do this quick as we have a chick inside. After installing I found two more clips in the box so I will be able to clip on all 4 sides after the hatch is done. My theory is that this will not impede the airflow like the tight mesh guard did and will also draw the air from lower in the unit moving the air more evenly across the floor resulting in more even temperatures. I'm no scientist but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last year. And it will also make it safe so that a chick can't get a foot in the fan. The downside is that like with the bowl this takes away from the egg carrying capacity of the unit which is OK with me as I'll probably never incubate more than 10-12 eggs. After hatch I may just have to get some test eggs from the grocery store to test my temperature theory as I probably won't be incubating a new batch anytime soon.

New fan

Gutted with stock guard attached.

Snapped in place to existing incuview non guarded fan.

"Nugget" !!!

Well I candled for the last time and locked down this morning. I filled the rings with water, took out the turner, and attached the mesh fan guard. I'm a little concerned because there were a lot of eggs that were so full I couldn't see any movement, I'm hoping I don't have a bunch of late quitters again. I'll found out this weekend!

Well I candled for the last time and locked down this morning. I filled the rings with water, took out the turner, and attached the mesh fan guard. I'm a little concerned because there were a lot of eggs that were so full I couldn't see any movement, I'm hoping I don't have a bunch of late quitters again. I'll found out this weekend!
They're resting up for the big jail break!

What software and hardware are you using to get those graphs if like to graph a few things because numbers don't click with me

No special hardware, just a postal scale and a Google Docs spreadsheet. Day 1, 7, 14 and 18 I weigh them all in an egg carton on the scale, punch the numbers into my spreadsheet and try to adjust my humidity so that they lose about 12% of their starting weight by lockdown.

I hear peeping! I've noticed when the hygrometer needle is in the hatching zone there's water droplets inside the lid, I'm hoping it's not TOO humid in there.

Settling down for a long night of waiting. :)

No special hardware, just a postal scale and a Google Docs spreadsheet. Day 1, 7, 14 and 18 I weigh them all in an egg carton on the scale, punch the numbers into my spreadsheet and try to adjust my humidity so that they lose about 12% of their starting weight by lockdown.

I hear peeping! I've noticed when the hygrometer needle is in the hatching zone there's water droplets inside the lid, I'm hoping it's not TOO humid in there.

Settling down for a long night of waiting.
smile.png
Update on your hatch?

Update on your hatch?

So I think I'm going to end up with 12 out of 18. One early quitter (around Day 14), and 5 that made it to lockdown but haven't hatched. It's Day 21 so I left the 5 in just in case but I'm not hopeful because most of them hatched yesterday and last night.

I'll probably do eggtopsies but I'm pretty sure I already know what I'll find: fully developed chicks that didn't internally pip. I *really* wish I knew what caused that because I've had a few every hatch. With two different incubators, many different breeds, and two incubation methods (dry and humid). Maybe it's just something that happens?

In any case I've got 12 adorable chickies to watch now so I can't be too mad.

Back
Top Bottom