Incuview Incubator

Pics
Forgot to add that the egg tray really didn't seem to fit my eggs well. I did bantam and large fowl. Seems I had to keep correcting them as they wouldn't stay nicely in the rollers. They would sometimes end up sideways etc.I'm not sure what size egg the turner was made for but seems they would have to be awfully large to fit more appropriately and keep them from going all over

I am not sure if the egg turner is to blame or not. My eggs fit pretty well in the turner. I also have a full incubator so maybe that makes a difference and keeps them from going sideways.

I had early hatches both times. All hatched over two days. So not really that staggered.

So I just reset the incubator for the next eggs. I took off the fan guard this time and will reinstall at lockdown in hopes of better consistency of temps and airflow.
While I was cleaning the wires for egg turner fell off, (ones connected to control panel in middle). The screws were loose. I reattached, but now its not working. I unplugged and plugged back in and egg turner will turn once, which makes me think I did it right and there is power to it. But then when I sit and watch its not turning when its supposed to. I reset it twice, then did a factory reset on control panel to factory settings and it still won't turn other than when I unplug it and plug it back in. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I could not see anywhere if it matters what side red/black wires go.
Hope someone has a clue what could be wrong. Thanks

Rewire it again....and man I'm glad I just ordered a brisnea 20 advance! I almost got the incuview

Well to be fair to the incuview I have had really good hatch rates. Even with some of the issues I've had. I still think for the price it is a good deal and their customer service is really fantastic.

I agree. Great customer service. The egg turner decided to start working again, I didn't get a chance to rewire. So I'm not sure whether to trust it. I'll just have to keep a watchful eye for a few days. This will be my second try with slight modification with fan so will report back how this one goes. On a side note we did some quail eggs in it, and had really good success with them. Go figure! All but one hatched in a single afternoon.

caf.gif

Cute emo...yes, the Incuview is a great incubator. Since defaulting back to its original settings, it works like a charm. I have 15 eggs in mine at the moment, and the temp / humidity doesn't miss a beat. I highly recommend it.

Sorry for taking so long to get back. Been away.

So is this bator as good as the brisnea 20? Opinions

YES! it's an egg-cellent 'bator. For the price compared to the brisnea 20, I chose the Incuview for wide see thru window, the built in hydrometer, and because it's easy to clean. I was really impressed with its performance. Highly recommend. I've never used the Brisnea, but hear it's good too.

I have a third, or is it fourth? Batch of eggs in. I'm not doing huge numbers because I have only a couple of laying hens.

My results have been that I have had 2 eggs (1clear, 1 quitter) out of 28 that failed to hatch. This last hatch, I removed the egg tray as well as turning the turner off. I added a more rubbery grid liner for increased footing for the newly hatched chicks. I think it helped. I also used a small leg band to clip the wires together, as I had a chick accidentally hang itself in the gap between the wires where they run from fan over to the transformer. He survived, by the way. I went in to snap a photo and found him just as he was going unconscious.

So, all in all, I'm very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom