Incuview Incubator

Just filled the reservoir through the vent hole in the top of the dome. It has a three stage reservoir. Small medium and large. As you fill the first reservoir (the smallest) you just add more and that spills over into the medium, add more to spill over into the third. Really easy to control without opening the lid. Love this thing so far. I have found myself just leaving it alone alot more than my old styrofoam model. Seemed as though I was checking it and having to tweak something every day. Not the case at all with this Incuview

Just filled the reservoir through the vent hole in the top of the dome. It has a three stage reservoir. Small medium and large. As you fill the first reservoir (the smallest) you just add more and that spills over into the medium, add more to spill over into the third. Really easy to control without opening the lid. Love this thing so far. I have found myself just leaving it alone alot more than my old styrofoam model. Seemed as though I was checking it and having to tweak something every day. Not the case at all with this Incuview

Sounds like a great machine:thumbsup

Sorry guys i didnt update last night i got home very late. We had 9 eggs go into lockdown and 8 hatched. The 9th egg had pipped and started to zip but somehow had and egg shell from an already hatched chick kicked onto the end of it and completely covering the pip. also when i got home the humidity was way too high. It destroyed my Hygrometer which was electronic, the chicks that hatched earlier in the day were still totally wet. I also noticed a bit of condensation building inside the electronic display that's on the top. The only way to bring down humidity was to get the water out which turns out is very easy. In about 2 minutes i had the chicks out and the whole incubator sprayed clean of debris in the sink and the chicks returned safely to dry out. I will do a complete review/recap today when i get off work so if anyone has any questions or would like pics of anything please let me know and i will try and address them in my recap.

Sorry guys i didnt update last night i got home very late. We had 9 eggs go into lockdown and 8 hatched. The 9th egg had pipped and started to zip but somehow had and egg shell from an already hatched chick kicked onto the end of it and completely covering the pip. also when i got home the humidity was way too high. It destroyed my Hygrometer which was electronic, the chicks that hatched earlier in the day were still totally wet. I also noticed a bit of condensation building inside the electronic display that's on the top. The only way to bring down humidity was to get the water out which turns out is very easy. In about 2 minutes i had the chicks out and the whole incubator sprayed clean of debris in the sink and the chicks returned safely to dry out. I will do a complete review/recap today when i get off work so if anyone has any questions or would like pics of anything please let me know and i will try and address them in my recap.

I am very much looking forward to your full review and would love any and all pics you can take! I am trying to decide between this incubator and the Brinsea 20 Eco. I have never hatched before and have eggs coming for the Easter Hatch a long so I really need to decide quick which one to buy. I am home during the day so I am able to [obsessively] monitor conditions. Oh, in your pictures can you include a picture of how you add water without opening? I thought I remembered you mentioning that. And 8 out of 9 is a great hatch!!! Especially since the 9th did try to hatch but what happened was not anyone's fault - just a fluke. Had you been home, how would you have reduced the humidity as that 9th was hatching? Maybe that's an obvious answer but since I've never hatched I'm just curious as to what you would have done to remedy it or help.

Oh one more question - do the eggs stay laying down the whole time in this incubator and just roll side to side? If so - how does that possibly effect shipped eggs that may have air cell issues? I was planning to let my shipped eggs "sit" for 24hrs and then I've read some say to not turn them the first few days also... thoughts on how that may work with this bator?

5 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and 3 Olive Eggers

love.gif

Oh one more question - do the eggs stay laying down the whole time in this incubator and just roll side to side? If so - how does that possibly effect shipped eggs that may have air cell issues? I was planning to let my shipped eggs "sit" for 24hrs and then I've read some say to not turn them the first few days also... thoughts on how that may work with this bator?

I used to have a Brinsea Mini Advance that rolled the eggs on their side like this incubator does. I once had a shipment of eggs that had completely detached, rolling air cells. I let the eggs sit for 24 hours upright in an egg carton, then put them in the incubator on their side and they all hatched out great. I've never had detached air cell eggs take longer than 24 hours to reattach but I'm sure it is possible that it could take longer in some cases.

Back
Top Bottom