Incuview Incubator

Pics
Golly, do I feel stupid—I am setting up my new IncuView for the first time. The instructions seem quite clear except: how do I turn it on??? When I attach the power cord and plug it in, nothing happens. I want to check it out and let it settle in for the 12-24 hours before adding my duck eggs. I have never incubated eggs before, so naturally feel a bit nervous.
Thanks,
JoyAnna

Last edited:
I use a GQF digital hygrometer and thermometer to double check unit readouts...I also use a mechanical kitchen probe in the vent plug that I can calibrate easily to check and compare to the digital. I find that the unit holds heat with no problems and do not have to use any extra insulation. I also find that humidity is easily raised and maintained if you desire to do so. I'm not sure why you would hand turn the eggs instead of just using the unit as is and candle as often as you like. The temperature recovers and holds well so opening the lid is not much of an issue. I personally measure the air sack to accurately tell me where the eggs are in the incubation process and only adjust humidity if I am running significantly behind or ahead. I do prefer to sit the eggs upright in a carton for the last few days to reduce the chance of wrong end piping...which I only have issues with runner ducks that pretty much have a round shell. Three times a day for had turning is sufficient is what you would like to do. I think some folks have bought hydrometers in the reptile section of department stores with good success and fairly inexpensive...a GQF will be $20-$25 online if you look around. If you have any questions or concerns at all about the incubator unit please email the company directly as they are prompt and more than willing to help you with those things. I also make sure the probe on the unit is in line with the top of my eggs and has been accurate all spring. If you find the unit warmer in the corners then you can move the eggs around when you candle...which is always what I have done and have had no issues. I find that it is not temperamental at all and does just what I ask it to do.
What kind (brand/model) of thermometer can you calibrate?

Golly, do I feel stupid—I am setting up my new IncuView for the first time. The instructions seem quite clear except: how do I turn it on??? When I attach the power cord and plug it in, nothing happens. I want to check it out and let it settle in for the 12-24 hours before adding my duck eggs. I have never incubated eggs before, so naturally feel a bit nervous.
Thanks,
JoyAnna
It should just come on. Either your power source is suspect or your cord is not connected completely. Or the unit has a problem. I will tell you one thing I do all the time: plug into an outlet that has been turned off at the switch.

Thanks for responding. I've double checked the connection and have tried several different outlets, 'cause I've made that mistake in the past also. I sent an eMail to tech support and just telephoned them. I may have caught them when they are not open. I did so want to get this thing running so I could let it settle in. I have saved a dozen duck eggs from the last three days. Oh, well, from reading through this thread, I feel they will get back to me.

big_smile.png
Icubator Warehouse returned my call just before they left for the weekend. He says it is the converter box that is defective and will send a replacement part. It has been such a long time since I have run into this kind of service from any company or government. Guess I'll go ahead and make quiche with this doz eggs and collect more next week.

Hi everybody! Can someone help me out with some advice about the IncuView? I bought mine last year and it worked beautifully--maintained its temperature and I hatched out a lovely batch of Buckeye babies. I'm planning to hatch out another batch from eggs I ordered, and set my IncuView up to test it, and it can't seem to get past the 95.5 temp reading.

The incubator is in the same location as last year, a towel under it, and a rolled towel on one side. I have an indoor thermometer in the kitchen too--the reading is 73 degrees in the kitchen..I can't understand why the temp doesn't hit 99.5 like it did last year. I stored the incubator in its original box in a dry cool dark place, and so, what did I do wrong?

Does the incubator need eggs in it to hit the 99.5 mark? The hydrometer is working fine..so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Ahhhhh! That's it! My husband changed them on me last year because it got too warm in the kitchen ...so now I reset it back to the factory defaults and it's perfect! Thank you so much!!

Back
Top Bottom