Incuview Incubator

Pics
Hi again! Being lazy and pressed for time, I may be asking a question that's been posted here before, thus forgive me if that's the case. However, I'd like to know is it better to begin incubating all your eggs at the same time, or can I set a doz eggs today, and a week later set another doz therefore creating different hatch times. Would that be considered bad incubating practices, or a time saver? Just wondering. I have NH eggs I'd like to set now, but can't due to eggs I'll be receiving in the mail this week or next.

Hi again! Being lazy and pressed for time, I may be asking a question that's been posted here before, thus forgive me if that's the case. However, I'd like to know is it better to begin incubating all your eggs at the same time, or can I set a doz eggs today, and a week later set another doz therefore creating different hatch times. Would that be considered bad incubating practices, or a time saver? Just wondering. I have NH eggs I'd like to set now, but can't due to eggs I'll be receiving in the mail this week or next.
The problem with different hatch times is that the humidity levels are different between the first 18 days and the last 3 days of incubation. Most folks who do staggered hatches use a separate incubator for those last 3 days.

Hatching eggs can stay viable for 1-2 weeks if the conditions are good, viability can go down the longer they wait tho.

So is this bator as good as the brisnea 20? Opinions
caf.gif

I agree with Aart. Also, you'll not save yourself any time by doing a staggered hatch. Better to hatch and brood all of your chicks at the same time. Much less work that way! Are the NH eggs your own? If so, you'll be sure to have more next week. Or you could eat them, and buy some more eggs next week. An other less often mentioned risk of a staggered hatch is the bacterial load left behind by the early hatchers. The remaining eggs are exposed to high bacteria counts for their remaining incubator time. Hatching is a messy, dirty business!!

Last edited:
Hi! I'm on day 18 so lockdown! So excited! I'm having to leave my vent plug in to keep the humidity up to where it says on factory gauge. Is this ok? I read where some people say it needs to be left out for oxygen purposes?! I've had it plugged most of the incubation period except if I got a spike in humidity on a rainy day...

I just went through my first hatch with this incubator. I wish I had read all the posts first about uneven heat. I did not rotate any egg positions accept when I threw clears out after day 10. I have had such a staggered hatch. I know breeds can play a roll etc. But its been a 3+ day window. I also had many! Pip at the wrong end. I was able to save 2 but the others died before I even noticed as they pipped wrong end and down.
I left the plug out for better air exchange for most of the incubation and come lockdown I could not get my humidity up to the hatching level.I added a damp paper towel and sponges and still not in the zone!
Hmm I'm now wondering if faulty hygrometer but it seems to go up if I mist inside bator which would indicate its working. I do love the design, controls etc. I'm just not sure about all these chicks pipping at wrong end and how I couldn't get humidity up high enough.
I'm also wondering if the big delay in hatch times could be attributed to uneven temps within the incubator? I had installed a second thermometer on one outside edge and it always read the same as the digital factory one.
I just received the unit a month ago and it has the newer style fan guard I believe.
Anyways just wanted to say I like the unit, just didn't have the best results with it. Hoping there is something I can improve on next time to get better results?

Hillhouse I have had similar wrong end pipping. I have done two hatches and had problems with both. The first were shipped so I chalked it up to that. The second were home grown and I had 50 percent pip the wrong end. I did have a good hatch rate though.

I am on my third hatch right now and half the eggs are shipped and half home grown. I decided this time to incubate in egg cartons and turn myself. At lock down I will remove them from the cartons.

Last edited:
I wanted to add that mine also runs a little hot and even hotter in the corners. I lowered my temp by one full degree and I am rotating my cartons. I have the original fan guard set up prior to the two changes.

Ya I was wondering if others were having a higher than normal amount of wrong end pips. When exactly do the embryos move into position? Could this be the egg turner? I turned the egg turner off at day 18 as specified.also has the hatch delay been happening to others as well? Quite staggered?

Back
Top Bottom