Incuview Incubator

Thank you, I'm learning so much! I'll add water to all three reservoirs and monitor the humidity. It's at 29% now, I'll have to be careful not to add too much.

Thank you, I'm learning so much! I'll add water to all three reservoirs and monitor the humidity. It's at 29% now, I'll have to be careful not to add too much.
No, not all three. Just the smallest tray first. If you need more, add to the middle tray. You don't fill all three till hatching time.

Last edited:
No, not all three. Just the smallest tray first. If you need more, add to the middle tray. You don't fill all three till hatching time.

The 20 ml I added was just to the smallest tray in the middle. I'll see how the humidity fluctuates between now and lockdown, then add as needed.

I figured out that I had to add about 1.5 cups of water to the outside tray to get my humidity to maintain closer to 45% for a couple of days. Once it dipped below that %, it would slowly drop until it got below 40% and then it would spiral down quickly.

I'm on day four of my first incubation in an brand new incuview. I have 13 Icelandic eggs in there. The unit has been holding temp and humidity fine but I have two incutherm thermometer/hygrometers in there in opposite corners and one reads 103 and the other 101 while the incuview is dead on 99.5. I've read the incutherm can read hot but am still worried, any thoughts?

Last edited:
If it were me and it was the first time with a new incubator, I'd trust the built in one that came with it. Third party thermometers can fluctuate greatly. If for some reason your hatch is early, you know it runs hot - if late it runs cold... Future hatches you can make necessary adjustments. That's how I'd approach it anyhow.

Another idea would be to buy a couple of glass thermometers and test them for accuracy with ice water. Make a note of how much they are off by. Then place them in the Incuview to see how your other thermometers compare.

I think someone mentioned several pages back that their Incuview had different temperatures right under the fan than at the corners. Between that and variation in different thermometers, I only feel comfortable with a thermometer I can actually test. (And any thermometer that matches the tested one.)

So far the incuview seems to be doing its magic. 11 of 13 seem to be progressing great. 1-clear and 1-quitter. At day 7 and hoping for a good hatch of those 11.

Back
Top Bottom