Incuview Incubator

4/5 hatched so far and the 5th is internally pipped

I was so excited about my babies I completely forgot to post! Out of the 6 eggs 2 died after 2 weeks, reason unknown, I had 3 hatch and was wanting to poke a hole in shell but heard to leave it alone for another day or two. I waited 1 day too long and the little thing died overnight. I have 3 goslings that will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. I didn't have any problems with temp or humidity and I would definitely recommend this incubator.

I just picked up an incuview after reading this entire thread (all 1100+ posts) this is my first time owning & hatching from an incubator (and first post on byc) I have Muscovy and black east indie eggs in there now. I started the scovie eggs a week before the bei. I'm on week 3 and have 9 of each that are looking good so far.

Ok folks, our first hatch with the incuview. We bought 27 hatching eggs from Meyer hatchery. They sent 29. Just barely fit all the eggs inside the incubator. Candled on day 8. 1 was bantam egg was not fertile and 1 bantam egg was an early quiter. The rest were viable. The temp and humidity held very steady, confirmed by a seperate thermometer/hygrometer. 24 out of 27 hatched. It was a great exprrience. This incubator is really nice and I would recommend it to anyone!

Anyone have any experience with crashing humidity? I just finished my first hatch with the incuview and for the life of me i could not keep the humidity stable. I'd get it to where i wanted it to be before bed and before work but while away it would crash. Overnight or while at work it would go from 45-50 to 13-20. I tried a sponge but it didn't change anything. I moved them to a smaller room with more stable air temps, same problem. 18 eggs made it to lock down alive, 6 eggs died at the end, shrink wrapped. I'm open to suggestions but right now not loving this incubator at all.

it never hurts to clean an incubator and it's parts.

I can't tell what kind of screen it is,.
but you might be able to replace it if you are not satisfied with how it is..

fill just the center water tray... I had the same problem when I filled just the outer water tray ... fill all 3 at lockdown.. I use a straw through the vent hole, a funnel and a trukey baster to fill w/- opening... left the vent plug out all the time
Anyone have any experience with crashing humidity? I just finished my first hatch with the incuview and for the life of me i could not keep the humidity stable. I'd get it to where i wanted it to be before bed and before work but while away it would crash. Overnight or while at work it would go from 45-50 to 13-20. I tried a sponge but it didn't change anything. I moved them to a smaller room with more stable air temps, same problem. 18 eggs made it to lock down alive, 6 eggs died at the end, shrink wrapped. I'm open to suggestions but right now not loving this incubator at all.

Last edited:
I should have clarified in my post. I followed the directions about water in the trays. I would add the water into the center tray until I got the reading I wanted, and then over the day it would crash unless I was there to baby it.

well the water will evaporate, so the tray needs to be full... a lot depends on the space humidity as to how fast it evaporates,... surface area, not depth determines how high the humidity gets..... when the furnace was running I put a soaked sponge near the vent to help w/humidity.. some people put a humidifier in the room if they have a dry house
I should have clarified in my post. I followed the directions about water in the trays. I would add the water into the center tray until I got the reading I wanted, and then over the day it would crash unless I was there to baby it.

Back
Top Bottom