Incuview Incubator

Did anyone else have the turning arm fall off before the first hatch was over? I am turning by hand now. I tried to regulate the temperature and calibrate but i gave up and am trying to just use it as is. Disappointed. Maybe i am just a dumb old lady. Much prefer the brinsea and my old styrofoam bators i had to sell when i moved back to FL to help Mom when Dad died.

Gotta love the view of those babies! They look quite fluffed, so it seems like the vent hole is creating enough airflow, would you agree?

Can you elaborate for my sluggish brain which side hatched early in relation to the vent hole? Did you rotate egg positions at all? Thank you.
They did dry well, probably partly because they did not hatch 'gunky' meaning good evaporation during incubation? So, yeah, I guess good ventilation and air circulation during incubation, I had the plug in and out and in between balancing/playing with humidity levels.

First 6 hatched were on side of incubator closest to viewer,
which is the side farthest from the wall behind incubator in pic above.
Could be it's bit warmer on that side, there are now pips throughout bator.
You know where the vent is, it is obscured in pic by the sponge next to it.
I did not rotate egg position, but might be a good idea in the future,
tho there are many reasons certain eggs might not hatch.

Did anyone else have the turning arm fall off before the first hatch was over? I am turning by hand now. I tried to regulate the temperature and calibrate but i gave up and am trying to just use it as is. Disappointed. Maybe i am just a dumb old lady. Much prefer the brinsea and my old styrofoam bators i had to sell when i moved back to FL to help Mom when Dad died.
Did you install the cotter pin that came with the bator?
It's called the 'retaining pin' in the first step of instructions on set up and assembly.

KIMG0142_02.JPG

@aart It looks like you have a successful hatch going on! I just wanted to add that I took my tray out too. I had the dividers in mine for lockdown/hatch, so needed the room.

After the hatch I realized I was lucky because the water level was way higher than I thought—full to the top of the plastic mesh and coming up through a bit. Because of the dividers (made of the same plastic mesh) and the non slip liner in them the water never reached the chicks or eggs. It is so difficult to see the water level, but I am going to be much more aware of it the next round.

For separation it was suggested that I get the plastic organizer baskets for drawers? So I picked up a few and am going to try it. Lockdown tomorrow am. So far out of 27 2 are glows and the rest are little moving blobs so I'm hopeful.

Attachments

• IMG_20180324_211500415.jpg
    IMG_20180324_211500415.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom