Incuview Incubator

More of a tinkerer, I guess? . . . I'm dying to get the thing so I can see what the actual specs are, how the turner works, etc. Then I've got 4 weeks to figure out what tweaks I need to make.

It just sounds like a lot of people ended up with otherwise inexplicable malpositions with the side-roller, which doesn't make a ton of sense, since hens don't tilt their eggs upright! I had a number of malpositions last time I did shipped eggs, and I'd like to not exacerbate that if at all possible this time around! (Not to mention upright positioning means more room . . . )
Not really sure if the side rollers are 'bad', an awful lot of incubators use them. I've had problems with the tilters too, motors burning up, linkage jams. Not sure a tilter would fit under lid of Incuview.
My first Incuview hatch was 100%...then 70%...then 80%.
I calculate live chicks divided by number of eggs that made it to lock down.

For those of you with IncuView Incubators, did you also purchase the HumidiKit they advertise with it? Or do you feel like maintaining the humidity yourself is easier?
Couldn't afford it, I'm retired got lots of time to babysit the bator.
Heard it's good tho... @Ms Biddy has one.

For those of you with IncuView Incubators, did you also purchase the HumidiKit they advertise with it? Or do you feel like maintaining the humidity yourself is easier?
You know, if you look for reptile humidifier kits they seem like they will do a good job as well. Just something to look at if you are in search of one. I don't think they're that expensive either?

I've been looking around at different makes and models and in general the Incuview seems to have one of the better ratings and reviews among users. I'm thinking pretty hard about it. I don't think I'll need the Humidikit, I should be able to watch it on my own, I was just curious if the people who were using the incubator felt it was necessary or those with the humidikit felt like it was a good purchase and made them more successful.

I got one on sale that I used 2018 for the first brood of chicken and turkey eggs... the hen abandoned. Only time I used it since I had a ton of broodies last year.. Turkey eggs need high humidity at lockdown and it kept it rock solid.... The neatness of hatching has worn off and I was forgetting to check the incubator. :oops: I would rather let the broodies do the work.
sometimes ebay has a coupon for almost everything

I've been looking around at different makes and models and in general the Incuview seems to have one of the better ratings and reviews among users. I'm thinking pretty hard about it. I don't think I'll need the Humidikit, I should be able to watch it on my own, I was just curious if the people who were using the incubator felt it was necessary or those with the humidikit felt like it was a good purchase and made them more successful.
All I need to do is add alittle water (rougly 30ml) morning and night and that puts me in the 45% range.
Have my second hatch with the incuview coming Saturday.
FWIW I added additional holes in the lid for ease of adding water, temp probe and another monitor and it has really made adding water much better.

@ColtHandorf I did purchase the humidikit with it but I'm not home much to watch it either. Work 12-16 hours a day so I wanted to have the extra piece of mind. I did look into the reptile ones & making one myself but after figuring costs and modifications I'd need to do decided to go with the humidikit.

I got my Incuview in 2016 and getting it ready for this spring's hatch. Although I've used this for the last two years, I'm a bit on the fence about needing a new one. I love the viewing area and have worked through most of the temp/humidity issues, however the power supply on my last hatch was a bit iffy. At times it would cut off, but if I jiggled the connection, would come back on. Hoping/praying it works out well for this hatch. Really not in the budget to buy a new one....

Anyone out there have and use an older Incuview? Any issues, or still going strong?

I bought mine just after they fixed this issue.. I think people may have used tape to hold it together,
Do you know what exactly was the issue?
Hmmm...wonder if it was discussed in this thread?
Maybe they will replace @Jennrz's power supply if it was known manufacturing issue?

Back
Top Bottom