Incuview Incubator

When I do lockdown, I write a list of what eggs are in each bag, and I use colored twistie ties to differentiate the bags. Then I use color coded zip ties to I.D. the chicks.
Now THAT is a pain, keeping an eye on which age group of chicks needs their bands changed before they get too tight! 🙇‍♀️
So do you wait until all chicks in bag have hatched to pull it out and band?
That would be a pain, IMO.
Have you seen this?:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/incuview-divider-pattern-and-other-hacks-by-aart.73966/

Yes, band management can be tricky!

So do you wait until all chicks in bag have hatched to pull it out and band?
That would be a pain, IMO.
Have you seen this?:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/incuview-divider-pattern-and-other-hacks-by-aart.73966/

Yes, band management can be tricky!
I usually wait until the entire hatch is over before pulling out and banding. That’s usually the fun day, because I set up a “photo booth” and take pictures for Craigslist, or for my own records.
FB06EB9D-3656-474A-8608-82792ACE12CD.jpeg

ED470439-5AD4-429F-A7BE-1BC76E57EE99.jpeg
357298C2-079C-4EAA-8D65-9F265814AA26.jpeg

Sometimes if a single chick hatch and dries before there are any other pips, I will fish that one out and move it to the brooder, to avoid having it be 2-3 days old before it gets out.

Yes, I followed along with the posts while you were designing your divider. It’s really cool! But I usually need more than 4 divisions, so I haven’t been inspired to make one yet. But that is a way better method than the hardware cloth boxes I made when I first started.

I tried banding a couple of times.
rule #1 . write down everything you do.
color , leg, etc.
I am color blind so I did one band, two band, alternating legs, .. I didn't band too many chickens so that system covered all the information I needed..

The theory of adding water to the too warm Incuview in hopes of it coming back down to normal temp did not work. I snapped a picture this morning. I promise there is no condensation built up on the lid. I'm not sure why the picture came out like this. I do see tiny bubbles in the lid that are basically invisible unless I'm looking at the surface of the lid. I did notice something else and that's the base seems a bit warped. The lid has to be pushed down onto one corner, even if it's lined up correctly. The base wobbles from this same corner when it's on a flat surface. This isn't a problem for me. I am just looking for a solution to the temp issue. I'll be ordering one of the thermometers that @aart linked, today. I manually lowered the temp to 98.3 before I left a little while ago. We'll see how it's reading after it's had time to adjust to this setting.
20200616_075503.jpg

Edited to add: It's reading 18 days because it's been plugged in and running since Friday afternoon. I added the brooder thermometer last night and it was at room temperature when I added it.

I did notice something else and that's the base seems a bit warped. The lid has to be pushed down onto one corner, even if it's lined up correctly. The base wobbles from this same corner when it's on a flat surface.
If you're sure the surface is absolutely flat, I'd want to send the sucker back.
Check the base and the lid to see which one is warped.
The funky 'bubbles' in the lid may indicate and manufacturing/quality assurance flaw.

If you're sure the surface is absolutely flat, I'd want to send the sucker back.
I turned it 4 ways (on the same table) and it wobbled from the same corner every way. I guess it's possible that every side of this table is warped but it's highly unlikely, especially since it doesn't change the wobble. Only the one side does it no matter what

I tried banding a couple of times.
rule #1 . write down everything you do.
color , leg, etc.
I am color blind so I did one band, two band, alternating legs, .. I didn't band too many chickens so that system covered all the information I needed..
I agree 100%! All the trouble will be for nothing if you don’t keep accurate records!
The theory of adding water to the too warm Incuview in hopes of it coming back down to normal temp did not work. I snapped a picture this morning. I promise there is no condensation built up on the lid. I'm not sure why the picture came out like this. I do see tiny bubbles in the lid that are basically invisible unless I'm looking at the surface of the lid. I did notice something else and that's the base seems a bit warped. The lid has to be pushed down onto one corner, even if it's lined up correctly. The base wobbles from this same corner when it's on a flat surface. This isn't a problem for me. I am just looking for a solution to the temp issue. I'll be ordering one of the thermometers that @aart linked, today. I manually lowered the temp to 98.3 before I left a little while ago. We'll see how it's reading after it's had time to adjust to this setting. View attachment 2197261

Edited to add: It's reading 18 days because it's been plugged in and running since Friday afternoon. I added the brooder thermometer last night and it was at room temperature when I added it.
Check the base and the lid to see which one is warped.
The funky 'bubbles' in the lid may indicate and manufacturing/quality assurance flaw.
I agree with Aart. Incubator Warehouse has awesome customer service. At the very least, you should email them explaining your issues, and they will help you resolve them.

This reminds me of the issue I had with mine when it was delivered. One of the corners of the lid did not seat properly. So the lid wobbled. They told me if I needed a new lid they would ship one, but to first try grinding away the excess plastic that was in the one corner to see if that solved the problem. If the process of grinding that away destroyed the lid, they would ship a new one. I think I used a dremel. (Can’t quite remember, it’s been 4 years.) Well I didn’t destroy the lid, it solved my problem, and I have been happy with my Incuview and Incubator Warehouse ever since. :D

I was hoping to use this incubator for some eggs that were delivered yesterday and some being delivered tomorrow, but I don't feel like that'd be a good idea now. So this gives me an excuse to buy more eggs, right? Hahaha! I will contact IW. I'm confident that we can get to the bottom of the temp and warped issues and resolve both. I'll update once I know more. Thank you all so much

I am sorry the water trick didn't work for you.
with my 3 sportsmans, it worked every time.
If I saw the temperature start to climb, I just added water and it stabilized again.
I had 8 hova bators and the water trick worked in them also..
just a thought: if your temperature is lower at the bottom of the incubator, maybe it is because there is water/moisture down there and it is evaporating. whenever water evaporates it cools..
I would not worry about the temperature differences as long as the temperature around the eggs is 99.5 or so..

I was hoping to use this incubator for some eggs that were delivered yesterday and some being delivered tomorrow, but I don't feel like that'd be a good idea now. So this gives me an excuse to buy more eggs, right? Hahaha! I will contact IW. I'm confident that we can get to the bottom of the temp and warped issues and resolve both. I'll update once I know more. Thank you all so much
I found on one of mine turning the base 180 had the lid fitting tight.

Back
Top Bottom