Incuview vent plug! In/out/ combination of both?

Xarinn

Songster
Mar 25, 2018
Rural Ontario
so my old hovabator finally bit the dust and after much research treated myself to an incuview. I am loving it so far and have my first hatch in there, I am currently on day 5. My question to you folks is how do deal with the vent plug? On my old hovabator, I would have one in and one out til pip then they both came out. With the incuview there is only one vent plug and with it in it makes it so much easier to maintain the right humidity but I worry about lack of air flow?
How do you folks address this?

Thanks

so my old hovabator finally bit the dust and after much research treated myself to an incuview. I am loving it so far and have my first hatch in there, I am currently on day 5. My question to you folks is how do deal with the vent plug? On my old hovabator, I would have one in and one out til pip then they both came out. With the incuview there is only one vent plug and with it in it makes it so much easier to maintain the right humidity but I worry about lack of air flow?
How do you folks address this?

Thanks
I leave the vent plug out. I figured they need oxygen.
Wet Sponges in the bator have a lot of surface area and help raise the humidity... or a humidifier in the room if the house is really dry.

I leave the vent plug out. I figured they need oxygen.
Wet Sponges in the bator have a lot of surface area and help raise the humidity... or a humidifier in the room if the house is really dry.

That is what I am leaning towards as well but we are in Ontario and this time of year we run a wood stove 24/7 which sucks the humidity out of everything. Will try this hatch with the plug out and will try it with the plug in some other time and compare notes. Thanks

I read some of it and the one I remember talked about removing the plug to fill the water reservoirs. Humidity is controlled by how many/how much the reservoirs are filled. Hope it goes well for you!

I actually cut a groove in a sponge to span the vent, dampen sponge to help in my dry house.

@IncubatorWarehouse.com might be able to explain the vent,
they were very supportive on the Incuview thread linked above.

I feel like what you are describing is very simple but I can’t seem to picture it in my head, do you have a pic? Can you draw me a picture?
The new incubator is making me nervous, I know it is a better one than my old hova but so understood the hova and new how to treat it, this one is still a mystery to me

do you have a pic?
I actually looked before my last post and didn't have one...
..but since you asked and I just had a coffee and the bator and sponge are still out on the table I trotted down and took a pic, just for you. :D
upload_2018-11-12_16-53-56.png

And this is what some of us use to add water to reservoirs:
https://www.amazon.com/HUAHA-Dispensing-Needle-Syringe-Needles/dp/B075H5HQ94

I cut the luer lock off one and stuck it into my siphon bottle tube:
upload_2018-11-12_16-58-50.png

upload_2018-11-12_16-59-4.png

Back
Top Bottom