Indentity crisis: please help!

Don't you determine the a birds breed by comparing it to the SOP? I have spoken with AM breeders and they have bird that lay greenish eggs, granted you would not use those birds in your breeding program, but there are no pedigees required for chickens. Given what that one looks like it could be show at a APA show. So I would call it a true Ameraucana.

as i said it may or may not pure AM depends on what it looks like as an adult and were the eggs came from. if i were to get one from a hatchery that looked like that i would still call it an ee and not an AM

Don't you determine the a birds breed by comparing it to the SOP? I have spoken with AM breeders and they have bird that lay greenish eggs, granted you would not use those birds in your breeding program, but there are no pedigees required for chickens. Given what that one looks like it could be show at a APA show. So I would call it a true Ameraucana.

You determine breed also by genetics. Could you fool judges with a bird for one generation? Maybe, but that would be shady and against the spirit of the event. But the bird wouldn't breed true, and all the offspring would just be random barnyard mix. If a person was PARTICULARILY shady, they'd post pictures of the parent, and sell eggs, which will produce nothing but disappointment and ripoff mixes for people. Which is what happens pretty commonly to people, which is why they end up in this forum confused and sad about their birds.

That's why people are so hardcore about protecting the 'name' of the breed. It's been abused too badly.

Regardless of whether or not they are EE's or Ameracaunas they are both ROOSTERS! Now you need some pretty hens to go with them.
wink.png

I have these & they look like roosters to me. They are very nice looking & I am sure they will be crowing soon. I would take them

I don't think for the OP it really matters if they are EEs or pure bred since the OP already stated they can't have roosters where they live.

I'm sorry Zany, I know how disheartening it must be for you, but yes they are roosters.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom