Indian runner duck egg???

Jadecinadr96

Songster
Mar 25, 2019
Wisconsin
SO WE HAVE OUR FIRST EGGS!!!!
The lighter color one was found in the chicken coop on the chicken only side. The brown one was found outside in the ducks area!!!

We have two Indian runner ducks one male one female ..... is that brown egg a duck egg (Indian runner female egg) or when one chicken snuck over there yesterday (which usually never happens since they are separated) do you think that is a chicken egg???

Thanks!!

17F63179-5B64-4619-81A7-F289A4321E77.jpeg

I've never seen an indian/fawn lay an egg that dark usually they're cream/light brown/green even. So likely not a duck egg.

The other egg seems really large for chicken and I can't say I've seen many chicken eggs with that sort of pattern though every one is different. Have you seen other eggs from the chickens that look like it? Does it fit in a normal egg carton?

If I didn't read your whole post, I would say the dark egg is a chicken egg and the light egg is a duck egg. One thing that points to this is the sizes. The other is all the lines on the light egg, this is pretty typical of duck eggs and ducks (and often their bedding) are often wet/damp so when the egg is laid you get irregularities in the bloom like this where bedding sticks to it as it dries.

If I didn't read your whole post, I would say the dark egg is a chicken egg and the light egg is a duck egg. One thing that points to this is the sizes. The other is all the lines on the light egg, this is pretty typical of duck eggs and ducks (and often their bedding) are often wet/damp so when the egg is laid you get irregularities in the bloom like this where bedding sticks to it as it dries.
There is no possible way the duck could have laid in egg by the chickens area, they are completley closed off and it was directly under their perching station...and I found the lighter colored one there and it is ALOT smaller.... that pic makes it look huge, lol its very small!!!!! the brown one, was found outside...... in the duck only area. however a chicken got in thru a small space the other day - and i am just now wondering if maybe it quick laid an egg before we put the chicken back. hmmmmmmmm

There is no possible way the duck could have laid in egg by the chickens area, they are completley closed off and it was directly under their perching station...and I found the lighter colored one there and it is ALOT smaller.... that pic makes it look huge, lol its very small!!!!! the brown one, was found outside...... in the duck only area. however a chicken got in thru a small space the other day - and i am just now wondering if maybe it quick laid an egg before we put the chicken back. hmmmmmmmm
Sounds like the chicken laid a surprise. If the light one is indeed smaller then it's likely just a marked up chicken egg. Do you have other eggs coming from the chicken area that are the same color as either?

Sounds like the chicken laid a surprise. If the light one is indeed smaller then it's likely just a marked up chicken egg. Do you have other eggs coming from the chicken area that are the same color as either?
Yeah, I think the chickens marked it up for sure. They were curious...I have only had those 2 so far. This is the first day we had eggs!

Back
Top Bottom