Indian Runner duck

Oh my gosh I didn't know that so many people love Indian runners!!! They are all so beautiful!!!!
I started off with 2 pekin and was dying for a fawn and white runner. I ended up fining one on CL, as long as I took his brother, who is a black runner. I love their personality, they were very skittish when i got them, but they've warmed up to me nicely.
Those babies are adorable!

I started off with 2 pekin and was dying for a fawn and white runner. I ended up fining one on CL, as long as I took his brother, who is a black runner. I love their personality, they were very skittish when i got them, but they've warmed up to me nicely.
Those babies are adorable!
I just LOVE them

Our babies...Stuart, Sheldon, Winston and Olive. Always making me laugh :)
I need to get some more recent pics but Olive is going through her 1st molt, talk about a bad hair day, lol!
20190201_163158.jpg
20190416_165233.jpg
1539691321813.jpg

I'll bet they are getting so big! Probably still too soon to tell gender yet?
Stuart and Sheldon's kids, they didn't cooperate very well with picture taking. Yes, they are getting big and are growing feathers. I can see a difference every day. They like their new outside big kid home and they don't put up with Sambo coming over to their fence and boy do they just tell him about it!

Little Joan likes to pick at the other's feathers while they are swimming. I think it's probably annoying but nobody takes any action. Shelly is on the left and Joan on the right. Shelly has freckles on her bill and Joan's is plain yellow. No, I can't tell gender but I'm hoping girls.
IMG_0640.JPG
They all love their pool and spend most of the day in it. It was pristine this morning and there is no mud near by so I'm guessing poop! You should swing by and visit!
IMG_0638.JPG

They are all turning into such beautiful ducks, I just love seeing them :)
They never do want to cooperate for picture time...i have so many pictures of just duck butts while their ignoring me and foraging, haha.
Little Sheldon looks just like her mom! I have a funny feeling Joan may be a boy :/ She/ he looks exactly like Stuart did as a young duck and he used to chase the girls around the pool nipping at their tail feathers...I so hope I'm wrong.
That's fantastic they are haning out next to the big ducks and giving Sambo a talking to when needed :) Keeping you busy with all the seperate pools, food and water for sure.
We sure should come visit soon!

Back
Top Bottom