Indian Runner Ducks

JacquelineL

Hatching
Dec 13, 2015
My ducks are 10 weeks old and love to be with the chickens. I have a pond and are planning to build them their coop, Any recommendations on size or type? Will they do ok in the pond. I still have them fenced.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I would suggest posting your question on our Duck section in Other Backyard Poultry under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

I second Michael's advice. The duck people are your best source of information. Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock.
yesss.gif

My ducks are 10 weeks old and love to be with the chickens. I have a pond and are planning to build them their coop, Any recommendations on size or type? Will they do ok in the pond. I still have them fenced.
Welcome to BYC! I only have two Indian Runners and they have a giant yard for them and they will use up every bit of it though they can go smaller but I love giving my animals as much spaces as I can. You can never give them too much space in my opinion. I know that this probably wasn't the best help but just my two cents worth on my experience on ducks.

welcome-byc.gif

I'm hoping to get Indian Runners and some other ducks in the spring but I don't know enough about them yet to feel right answering your question. The wonderful members over on the duck forum will! If you'd like to share, I'd love to see a picture of your ducks.

Thanks for joining us!

Thank you for the info and wel to BYC, I am still learning and any advise on chicks and ducks,,,Can you eat eggs from a chick that is sick? The look fine when opening..My other chicks I think were pecking her wing, she has bumble foot. still gets around good,eats well and drinks well, her cone is not faded red but a bright red. I thought about trying Tricide-Neo Powder any luck with this.

Back
Top Bottom