INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    I
    Thank you for your thoughts. I'm trying to tell myself that she's lived a good long life (as a matter of fact, we were told she wouldn't live to be more than 2 or 3 years old and she's 11 now), but it still hurts. She's always had problems, but at this point she's deteriorating and it doesn't look like there's anything that can be done. She was a birthday gift when I was young and now I'm losing her for my birthday this year. Sorry, y'all probably didn't need to read all of this, but it does feel better to tell someone.[/quote
    It's ok by me. I can listen, read or talk about dogs or chickens all day long. If it makes you feel better, I'm all ears- or eyes I lost two dogs in the last year and I'm firmly convinced that my boy was the most awesome dog ever born and my girl was the sweetest. It was Awful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wish I knew what to say to be helpful I'm just really sorry.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    Did you try switching the humidity measuring things? I had one that would measure low humidity great but anything above 50% would stay in the 55%-58% range. I was able to get water droplets in an empty incubator and it said 58%.
    Thanks for the show dates. Is there a site with more information about the one in Bloomington? I did try google, but did not find much. Sometimes I'm not good at google and other time I get great results.
    We lost our injured hen today. And she was just starting to show tiny improvements.

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok this one I will try lol. It is just an annoying bad habit that iritates me. I have gotten bettter about it in the last few years though.

4. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have never grinded my teeth, i cringe when I do. You should ask him just to see what he says lol. Thanks

6. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Pip- so sorry to hear about your dog. We are all thinking of you. I know how hard it is too!!

7. irtehun

irtehun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    Albion IN

Is the lady in rennsalers stock any good. I was thinking of driving there for some welsummers but it's a long way if they aren't worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anybody have a cochin or other mid-level roosting hen or pullet they would like to part with? I have 1 cochin hen that sleeps alone because everyone else roosts higher than she can get. I feel badly for her because she is alone and kind of shunned by the rest of the flock. All s/l wyandottes and apparently they are species snobs. They don't let her play with them.

9. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    I really hope this ends up happening. I would be really interested in learning about this topic at the chicken meet!

10. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Yup she has only great quality stock, but I didn't know she had welsummers. My BAM have great characteristics if I were to show them. She gave me a tour of her chickens but she only showed me her marans and BAM which were pretty. I know the place has a Facebook page and she sells chicks on Craigslist. Hope that helps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by