INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    I submitted the 10,000th posting.

What is my prize?

John

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

the right to read and post in the next 10000 posts....

3. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    That sounds pretty interesting. I'd be interested in the demo also.
    They are about 15 weeks old. Only one of them has tried crowing that I know of, but I'm getting distressed at all these boys. I went out today to give them more cold water and found one of the little bantam free-rangers in the garden with everyone else and he was all beat up. He has blood all over his comb and wattles, so I washed him up and moved him to his own crate in the coop for now. The little guy fell asleep in my hands while I was cleaning him. I AM TOO SOFT FOR THIS.

The free rangers were all moved into the coop at night anyway except for a little black one, Ramone, who was missing his mate. He wasn't in the tree when I woke up this morning and I haven't seen him all day either. Nature might be taking care of the roo problem I have on its own.

I am so sorry about your dog. My pullet/cockerel issues really seem small in comparison to losing a friend. I hope it gets better.

4. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    [​IMG]
    I have a new addition to the family! A tiny pygmy doe![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop

Thank you for your thoughts. I'm trying to tell myself that she's lived a good long life (as a matter of fact, we were told she wouldn't live to be more than 2 or 3 years old and she's 11 now), but it still hurts. She's always had problems, but at this point she's deteriorating and it doesn't look like there's anything that can be done. She was a birthday gift when I was young and now I'm losing her for my birthday this year. Sorry, y'all probably didn't need to read all of this, but it does feel better to tell someone.

6. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Ha! Indeed! I knew I was forgetting something!

7. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    In
    I lost my dog of ten years last spring. She was my baby before I actually had babies. I know how hard it is. They are definitely a real part of the family. I'm very sorry and hope that she does pull thru.

8. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    Pip, the thought of ending 11 years of friendship has to be overwhelming. Good thoughts coming your way. [​IMG]

9. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Miller birds- I am close to Trafalgar and some what of a chicken addict. :) Marans are on my list as well as a buff brahma hen (I lost mine over a free ranging in the road accident). Would you mind sending me that ladies number some time? If you still have it. I hope your hens get it all worked out. Have you had them long? At this point with limited space you may just have to give it a few days. :/

10. julie0477

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    I love it!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by