INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Glad to hear here is improvement!
    Welcome!
    wow! I'm not envious lol. Good luck to the kids at the fair

2. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I cleaned the brooder today so decided to take the youngest ones outside for the first time. They weren't too fond of the humidity and heat and neither was I lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. mcurry

mcurry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2013
    Indiana
    My boys showed our chickens this week and recieved all blues. The judge said they were great pullets and were in great health. He said to bring them back next year. They were up for Reserve Grand, but he said they were beat out because the other pullets were a little further along in production.
    My hubby bought me the Grand Champion Australorp Rooster so we are wxcited & can't wait for chicks.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Congrats MCurry. That is wonderful.

5. Quinstar

Quinstar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Indiana
    Love your roo!!! How old is he in this photo?

DH has promised my a couple of Pygmies next year! I can't wait. Hoping to get a couple of young ones so that we can bottle feed them.

6. itsjustme

itsjustme Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2013
    Indiana
    Jchny- heat rocks and snakes are a bad combination. I can't believe a. Pet shop didn't no that and let her get that many burns. And yes its good she was friendly. Trying to wrestle an aggressive snake that size into anything would be impossible.

7. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    lol exactly. If Julie wants the perfect weather, let's all move to Cali, where in San Fransisco it is just like that now. Except for the summer droughts, and earthquakes.

8. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Quinstar- he's 20 weeks old. Though he's very strange sometimes. Whenever I pick him up he makes the alarm call for an aerial predator even when I let him know I'm picking him up. He also likes to follow me around. I'm still deciding on his name because I'm still seeing what his character is.

9. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Redwood City and Half Moon Bay are nice too [​IMG] I'm originally from Sacramento area and we never worried about earthquakes as much as anyone here thinks about ice storms or tornados. We did worry about fires a lot though!! Thankfully, the people here couldn't be nicer and it make the transition so much easier. [​IMG]

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    How long have you lived in indiana?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by